Jerusalem Favorite Tips by midnight_mike
Jerusalem Favorites: 196 reviews and 356 photos
Favorite thing: If you want to visit the Holy Land as part of a packaged tour, be sure to check out the trips offered by author Stephen Ray. His "Footprints of God" series is highly informative and the off-beat way he presents the information will give you a good laugh or two along the way. (Trying to demonstrate how Jesus rubbed mud on a blind man's eyes to cure him, Ray reenacts the scene by using chocolate syrup as a substitute. While this may be considered silly, Ray does in fact have great respect for the subject matter.)
I watched one of his videos before going to Jerusalem and it was very helpful as it not only pointed out the historical places, it put them in their proper Biblical context.
Ironically, I bumped into Ray and his wife Janet as they led a tour group through the Church of the Nativity in Bethlehem. As I talked to him, a few people went out of their way to recommend Ray and his tours. Stephen and Janet are very personable and will offer invaluable guidance to your trip. They offer several trips each year to Israel, Turkey, Italy and other places of historical significance.
More Reviews (16)
- See All Getting to Bethlehem... the cheap way
- See All Day trips to Bethlehem
- See All Entering Israel with a Syrian stamp
- Reading material: an amazing book about...
- Money changers and their hidden fees
midnight_mike's Related Pages
Jerusalem Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Jerusalem–the Foundation Stone of three Religions"
- "The Spirit of Jerusalem"
- "Jerusalem: Monotheism's Controversial Capital"
- "The most special city in the world"
- "Martin_S.'s Jerusalem"
- "4 days in a holy city"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Jerusalem
- Hotels in Jerusalem
- Transportation in Jerusalem
- Nightlife in Jerusalem
- Restaurants in Jerusalem
- Shopping in Jerusalem
- Warnings and Dangers in Jerusalem
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Jerusalem
- 17 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 5 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Jerusalem?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Jerusalem
Photos in JerusalemSee All Photos (18)
Top 10 Pages
- Istanbul Intro, 56 reviews, 63 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brasov Intro, 35 reviews, 26 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Syria Intro, 26 reviews, 26 photos
- Buenos Aires Intro, 21 reviews, 27 photos
- Romania Intro, 18 reviews, 26 photos
- Egypt Intro, 16 reviews, 20 photos
- Jerusalem Intro, 17 reviews, 18 photos
- Turkey Intro, 14 reviews, 17 photos, 2 travelogues
- Chicago Intro, 20 reviews, 9 photos
- Damascus Intro, 7 reviews, 8 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (10)
- Wailing Wall - Western Wall- 62 Reviews, 137 Photos
- The Church of the Holy Sepulchre- 79 Reviews, 244 Photos
- Mount of Olives- 53 Reviews, 139 Photos
- Via Dolorosa- 57 Reviews, 191 Photos
- Garden of Gethsemane- 24 Reviews, 61 Photos
- Temple Mount- 58 Reviews, 115 Photos
- The Old City Gates- 47 Reviews, 107 Photos
- Yad Vashem Holocaust Memorial- 19 Reviews, 35 Photos
- Church of all Nations- 21 Reviews, 57 Photos
- The Quarters- 54 Reviews, 127 Photos
See All Jerusalem Things to Do