Buenos Aires Shopping Tips by midnight_mike
Buenos Aires Shopping: 209 reviews and 224 photos
To get an idea of the wealth the powerful families in Buenos Aires possess, head to the 1000 block of Calle Defensa. Every store on this block, including Pallarolls, sells antiques, from crystal lamps to silverware. There are many unique pieces, from a 19th century French navy uniform to a 300-year-old missionary crucifix. In some stores, the cheapest items cost hundreds of dollars. In others, you can find deals such as a French flag from the 1930s for $7. Shop owners are laid back, so it is easy to look without feeling pressure to buy.
Most store owners accept credit cards and can ship whatever you buy back home.
Address: Calle Defensa 1015
Directions: Metro stop: Constitucion
More Reviews (20)
- See All Evita burial place
- Things you should bring
- See All Airport departure tax (international...
midnight_mike's Related Pages
Buenos Aires Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Buenos Aires, a city I really LOVE!"
- "Buenos Aires 2004"
- "Mi Buenos aires Querido..."
- "Buenos Aires the local way!"
- "My Home Away from Home"
- "BUENOS AIRES - I AM ALWAYS BACK!!!!!"
- "Buenos Aires - it's great!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Buenos Aires
- Hotels in Buenos Aires
- Transportation in Buenos Aires
- Nightlife in Buenos Aires
- Restaurants in Buenos Aires
- Shopping in Buenos Aires
- Warnings and Dangers in Buenos Aires
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Buenos Aires
- 21 Reviews
- 27 Photos
- 10 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Buenos Aires?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Buenos Aires
Top 10 Pages
- Istanbul Intro, 56 reviews, 63 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brasov Intro, 35 reviews, 26 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Syria Intro, 26 reviews, 26 photos
- Buenos Aires Intro, 21 reviews, 27 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Romania Intro, 18 reviews, 26 photos
- Egypt Intro, 16 reviews, 20 photos
- Jerusalem Intro, 17 reviews, 18 photos
- Turkey Intro, 14 reviews, 17 photos, 2 travelogues
- Chicago Intro, 20 reviews, 9 photos
- Damascus Intro, 7 reviews, 8 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (10)
- La Boca- 123 Reviews, 226 Photos
- San Telmo- 136 Reviews, 203 Photos
- Plaza de Mayo- 137 Reviews, 206 Photos
- Recoleta- 157 Reviews, 230 Photos
- Colon Theatre- 55 Reviews, 71 Photos
- El Obelisco- 54 Reviews, 70 Photos
- Puerto Madero and Catalina's- 67 Reviews, 118 Photos
- 9 de Julio Avenue- 47 Reviews, 83 Photos
- Florida Street- 44 Reviews, 60 Photos
- Tango- 49 Reviews, 64 Photos
See All Buenos Aires Things to Do