"Buenos Aires: a city with a soul" Buenos Aires by midnight_mike
Buenos Aires Travel Guide: 4,783 reviews and 8,903 photos
If you combined Paris and Madrid, you might have a city resembling Buenos Aires. But that comparison would not do justice to Argentina's capital. It is a combination of European culture and the South American temperament.
Portenos, the people of Buenos Aires, are friendly people who will smile even in the worst of times. If you love food, music, wine and architecture, then this is your place.
Unless you have an obsession with Evita, there will not be many "must see" historical sights. Instead, absorb the culture and the lifestyle of the city and its people. Spend at least a day in each of the city's four most popular neighborhoods (La Boca, San Telmo, Palermo and Recoleta). My favorite is La Boca, which is home to the Boca Juniors football team and El Caminito. El Caminito is where the tango is danced on sidewalks and artists sell their work.
Eva Person died of cancer in 1952, but Evita’s story did not end with her death. First, she was embalmed. Then her body... more travel advice
For Evita fans, this is probably the top spot on your list of spots related to the former first lady of Argentina. It... more travel advice
- See All Airport departure tax (international...
- San Telmo Antique Shops
- See All Another good place to watch the tango in...
midnight_mike's Related Pages
Buenos Aires Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Buenos Aires, a city I really LOVE!"
- "Buenos Aires 2004"
- "Mi Buenos aires Querido..."
- "Buenos Aires the local way!"
- "My Home Away from Home"
- "BUENOS AIRES - I AM ALWAYS BACK!!!!!"
- "Buenos Aires - it's great!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Buenos Aires
- Hotels in Buenos Aires
- Transportation in Buenos Aires
- Nightlife in Buenos Aires
- Restaurants in Buenos Aires
- Shopping in Buenos Aires
- Warnings and Dangers in Buenos Aires
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Buenos Aires
- 21 Reviews
- 27 Photos
- 10 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Buenos Aires?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Buenos Aires
Top 10 Pages
- Istanbul Intro, 56 reviews, 63 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brasov Intro, 35 reviews, 26 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Syria Intro, 26 reviews, 26 photos
- Buenos Aires Intro, 21 reviews, 27 photos
- Romania Intro, 18 reviews, 26 photos
- Egypt Intro, 16 reviews, 20 photos
- Jerusalem Intro, 17 reviews, 18 photos
- Turkey Intro, 14 reviews, 17 photos, 2 travelogues
- Chicago Intro, 20 reviews, 9 photos
- Damascus Intro, 7 reviews, 8 photos