"Another world" Top 5 Page for this destination Bhutan by thumbelina2
Bhutan Travel Guide: 233 reviews and 897 photos
I really recommend a visit to Bhutan. The people are charming and it's worth going there before things change and they stop wearing national dress etc. The dzongs are spectacular, the countryside very undevelopped and wild. It takes a long time to travel around because the roads are narrow and mountainous but you should definitively check out Paro, Thimpu and Punaka. Bumthang, Jakar and Trongsa are not different enough or beautiful enough to warrant the extra hours in a car travelling to get there!
I arrived here just before some VIP monks so they had laid pine needles on the path. It was so picturesque and smelt... more travel advice
This dzong is huge and the most beautiful one in Bhutan. more travel advice
thumbelina2's Related Pages
Bhutan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Falling in love with a country"
- "BHUTAN - the last true illusion of the Himalaya"
- "Land of the Thunder Dragon"
- "Into the Last Himalayan Buddhist Kingdom"
- "Another world"
- "A TRIP TO SHANGRI-LA*** BHUTAN, THE DRAGON KINGDOM"
- "Bhutan Trip"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bhutan
- Hotels in Bhutan
- Transportation in Bhutan
- Nightlife in Bhutan
- Restaurants in Bhutan
- Shopping in Bhutan
- Warnings and Dangers in Bhutan
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bhutan
- 11 Reviews
- 24 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Bhutan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bhutan
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bhutan Intro, 10 reviews, 24 photos
- Sanur Intro, 1 review, 5 photos
- Ljubljana 2 reviews, 2 photos
- Paro 1 review
No friends yet.