"The Burren, Co. Clare, Ireland" Top 5 Page for this destination Burren by webeida
Burren Travel Guide: 64 reviews and 123 photos
The Burren has a rich and varied concentration of rock formations including caves, cliffs, castles, tombs, and tower houses. Also, there is an abundance of plants that are rare and spectacular. The best way to experience, explore and enjoy this eco-system is by bicycle. Places of interest are Ballyvaughan, Carran, Doolin, Fanore, Kilfenora and Lisdoonvarna. Along the way you can visit Ailwee Caves, the Cliffs of Moher, Ailwee Cave, Kilmacduagh and Poulnabrone.
- Pros:Beautiful place with unique character and earth formations.
- Cons:Restaurants and Hotels can be pricey.
- In a nutshell:The Burren is the moon's landscape on earth
Anyone who thinks of the Burren usually thinks of the Cliffs of Moher, the pubs with traditional irish music in Doolin,... more travel advice
If you are cycling around the Burren, you don't need to carry your luggage around with you. West Ireland Cycling can... more travel advice
Burren Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Burren - a unique landscape"
- "Home of the Cliffs of Moher"
- "The Burren, Co. Clare, Ireland"
- "WELCOME TO MY THE BURREN PAGE ......:-)"
- "An Bhoireann."
- "Neither water enough to drown a man..."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Burren
- Hotels in Burren
- Transportation in Burren
- Nightlife in Burren
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Burren
- 4 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Burren?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Burren
No friends yet.