"Beverly Hills 4 U 2" Top 5 Page for this destination Beverly Hills by icunme
Beverly Hills Travel Guide: 112 reviews and 209 photos
A fine tuned sense of humor helped immensely as I lived here. Those of you who wish to nourish your funny bones would find a hearty dose of calcium on the Good Humor Travelogue here on Beverly Hills pages.
Snippets that helped me laugh through many a stressful day.............
You just must have a good sense of humor to live and work in Beverly Hills - actually, if you don't - you will develop one.
It is, in a sense, surreal - consider perfectly mancured mansions where you see no sign of life.
Rolls Royces that seem to drive themselves because the tinted windows show no one inside.
The constant parade of walking women who look like wax figures displaced from Madame Tussaude's.
Information in Photos/tips by permission granted for non-commercial use only Beverly Hills Media
I lived and worked here from 1968 till 2004 (36 years) and 28 years in this house. If you are really good at whatever you do, it is not so difficult to find work in Beverly Hills. I now enjoy life as a retired writer/publicist in Rome. While in Beverly Hills I hosted students and professionals from all over the world - many having been referred to me by Berlitz School of Languages. A few of these friends have already visited me in Rome and I look forward to continuing to host people as they explore Rome. I now live in Rome, Italy - for a few years with one of my "students" (the adopted Italian nephew) who had been with me from the time he lost his Mom 18 years ago.
Beverly Hills comprises 5.9 sq miles with the "triangle" at its Center where Santa Monica and Wilshire Boulevards meet.
There are no budget hotels and you won't find a MacDonald's in Beverly Hills. If you venture just to the City's borders - East, West and South - you will find reasonable accommodations. You will see that Beverly Hills is divided by the primary east/west artery, Wilshire Boulevard - mansions with meandering lawns lie North of Santa Monica and become more palatial as you venture North of Sunset. Apartment structures are largely South of Wilshire Boulevard.
Central Beverly Hills is considered the area between Beverly Drive and where Santa Monica meets Wilshire Boulevard (the triangle) on the West end.
Restaurants South of Wilshire tend to be less expensive than those establishments North of Wilshire. South Beverly Drive has a good variety of both reasonable and pricey.
We watched this little hotel reinvent itself through the last 2 decades in Beverly Hills - now a charming no frills... more travel advice
This is one of the more interesting homes to see in Beverly Hills - just goes to show all the tourists - we DO have... more travel advice
- Buy That Outfit You Saw On TV
- See All Freeway driving in La La Land
- So what do I want to wear here?
- See All How's the weather?
icunme's Related Pages
Beverly Hills Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Beverly Hills 4 U 2"
- "Jumping Around Beverly Hills!"
- "Outrageously Opulent ...and yes- Ordinary!"
- "Beverly Hills, 90210"
- "Beverly Hills~My Home! =)"
- "Scottyj36's new Beverly Hills Page"
- "BEVERLY HILLS"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Beverly Hills
- Hotels in Beverly Hills
- Transportation in Beverly Hills
- Nightlife in Beverly Hills
- Restaurants in Beverly Hills
- Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Warnings and Dangers in Beverly Hills
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Beverly Hills
- 22 Reviews
- 26 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 30 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (26)
Have you been to Beverly Hills?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Beverly Hills
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rome Intro, 242 reviews, 665 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vatican City Intro, 59 reviews, 157 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Como Intro, 41 reviews, 81 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lago di Como Intro, 33 reviews, 75 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Assisi Intro, 26 reviews, 67 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ostia Antica Intro, 14 reviews, 53 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beverly Hills Intro, 22 reviews, 26 photos
- Milan Intro, 12 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Italy Intro, 7 reviews, 38 photos, 3 travelogues
- Ostia Intro, 14 reviews, 29 photos