"Beverly Hills 4 U 2" Top 5 Page for this destination Beverly Hills by icunme

Beverly Hills Travel Guide: 112 reviews and 209 photos

More than the most famous US zip code

A fine tuned sense of humor helped immensely as I lived here. Those of you who wish to nourish your funny bones would find a hearty dose of calcium on the Good Humor Travelogue here on Beverly Hills pages.

Snippets that helped me laugh through many a stressful day.............

You just must have a good sense of humor to live and work in Beverly Hills - actually, if you don't - you will develop one.

It is, in a sense, surreal - consider perfectly mancured mansions where you see no sign of life.

Rolls Royces that seem to drive themselves because the tinted windows show no one inside.

The constant parade of walking women who look like wax figures displaced from Madame Tussaude's.

Enjoy.........

Information in Photos/tips by permission granted for non-commercial use only Beverly Hills Media

Great place to live, work, vacation.... and LAUGH!

I lived and worked here from 1968 till 2004 (36 years) and 28 years in this house. If you are really good at whatever you do, it is not so difficult to find work in Beverly Hills. I now enjoy life as a retired writer/publicist in Rome. While in Beverly Hills I hosted students and professionals from all over the world - many having been referred to me by Berlitz School of Languages. A few of these friends have already visited me in Rome and I look forward to continuing to host people as they explore Rome. I now live in Rome, Italy - for a few years with one of my "students" (the adopted Italian nephew) who had been with me from the time he lost his Mom 18 years ago.

Beverly Hills comprises 5.9 sq miles with the "triangle" at its Center where Santa Monica and Wilshire Boulevards meet.

There are no budget hotels and you won't find a MacDonald's in Beverly Hills. If you venture just to the City's borders - East, West and South - you will find reasonable accommodations. You will see that Beverly Hills is divided by the primary east/west artery, Wilshire Boulevard - mansions with meandering lawns lie North of Santa Monica and become more palatial as you venture North of Sunset. Apartment structures are largely South of Wilshire Boulevard.
Central Beverly Hills is considered the area between Beverly Drive and where Santa Monica meets Wilshire Boulevard (the triangle) on the West end.
Restaurants South of Wilshire tend to be less expensive than those establishments North of Wilshire. South Beverly Drive has a good variety of both reasonable and pricey.

• Last visit to Beverly Hills: Sep 2007
  • Intro Updated Aug 27, 2009

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo
    Aug 15, 2012 at 5:51 AM

Your Beverly Hills home looks as if it would b e fun and filled with visitors... all of whom should visit you in Italy. Wish I could! :-) Be well. Janet

• Durfun's Profile Photo
    Jun 23, 2011 at 4:21 PM

Love the zoo house, and 'decorated' bankers ;-)

• MM212's Profile Photo
    Apr 12, 2011 at 6:35 AM

Great introduction to Beverly Hills! I will be living very close, in Westwood. LA will be a nice change from NYC where I've lived since 1995. Looking forward to exploring new areas.

• kokoryko's Profile Photo
    Mar 16, 2010 at 3:11 PM

Casually elegant. . . . Not sure they will let me in;-( I enjoyed to read about this famous place. Yes I would need to put my sense of humour to contribution when visiting this place; funny I did not visit (virtually) before Carol! Grazie for the tour.

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo
    Nov 20, 2009 at 3:31 PM

I traveled here 1970's and stayed by the stars in Beverly Hills Hilton cabanas, and at Malibu. The la la days gone by. My last trip to Utah and Arizona parks are a memory. It was remote, scary, most by Page and Kanab by Grand Staircase-Escalante.

• travelgourmet's Profile Photo
    Oct 5, 2009 at 10:18 AM

Ciao Carol, If you were in town, I would have given you a gift of truffles from Madame Chocolat on your Birthday. Hasty Torres is one of my sons friends and she is located on Canon. You can take a virtual tour at: http://madame-chocolat.com/ Larry

• cnango's Profile Photo
    Aug 30, 2009 at 10:36 AM

I really enjoyed my virtual tour of Beverly Hills. GR8 well written tips & observations.

• jo104's Profile Photo
    Feb 18, 2008 at 5:24 AM

Just checking out some updates since my last visit who on earth would want those giraffes inside their property?? bizarre

• GenuinelyCurious's Profile Photo
    Feb 5, 2008 at 10:32 PM

Thanks for your nice comment on my Capitola page... I C U have a great grasp of the southland. Have you ever been to Huntington Library and grounds?

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    Nov 26, 2007 at 12:59 PM

Cool! You lived in Beverly Hills!! How did you manage, not having a McDonald's nearby? Nice page Carol - lots of info.

icunme Used To Live Here!

icunme

“I'm not aging - I'm just busy living happily ever after..............”

Badges & Stats in Beverly Hills

Have you been to Beverly Hills?

Latest Activity in Beverly Hills