"LAKE COMO - 30 miles of magic" Top 5 Page for this destination Lago di Como by icunme

Lago di Como Travel Guide: 208 reviews and 593 photos

/Magic in her shores and mountains

Serene, tranquil and a heavenly dream for the nature lover with the magic of lake breezes that sail you away to every corner - blossoms and blooms everywhere in spring - alpine snow-capped peaks in winter - autumn colors that you watch deepen day by day - the lake that beckons you to play in summer.
We spent a lovely summer here in 2004 - much has changed, in addition to our little ski club no longer in existence. It is now a popular summer destination for global travelers in addition to Italians who have always come.
October, November and December have given us beautiful, crisp days and nights and it is much less crowded.

Check our General Tips for a map of the little towns and villages along the lake.

CHRISTMAS COMES TO COMO

We watched the crew build this display by the Lake for a week now -- and, here it is - lovely wooden vendor booths brightened with Christmas decorations and lights surround the ice skating rink right there with arriving and departing boats in the background. Well done, Comune di Como!

Autumn shows her colors at Lake Como

This photo was taken in November 2007 as I walked along the wide stone pathway from Piazza Cavour at the Lake toward Villa Olmo - one of my favorite haunts.
Tilt your monitor to the darker shade to really get an idea of the autumn colors - the blue sky and lake.

• In a nutshell:What's not to love?!
  • Last visit to Lago di Como: Nov 2007
  • Intro Updated Apr 16, 2008

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo
    Jun 13, 2011 at 12:29 PM

You comments are interesting reading, and we also had not been there since 2003. Change and growth hopefully do not take away form the beauty of here. Great job. HOw you been doing? Ciao

• greekcypriot's Profile Photo
    May 23, 2011 at 11:37 PM

I came to this lake many years twice but never had time for a sailing trip.

• azz8206's Profile Photo
    Dec 2, 2009 at 1:41 PM

I missed the funiculare! Beauty pic of the Alps. Also the pics on the water are very good.

• nicolaitan's Profile Photo
    Oct 27, 2009 at 8:44 AM

beautiful pictures. we visited pre-vt and had a car to drive all over. so no ferries but just as spectacular. so nice to see it again.

• Redang's Profile Photo
    Oct 25, 2009 at 4:16 AM

I visited this lovely lake many years ago, and Lago Lecco, a part of Como, last August

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    Oct 12, 2009 at 5:08 AM

I have heard many good things about Lake Como and it is indeed a very beautiful area to visit. Sure looks like you enjoyed your time here. Ciao.

• breughel's Profile Photo
    Oct 3, 2009 at 9:38 AM

Hi Carol, My favoured lake in Europe (when there is no rain!). Very beautiful photos.

• jumpingnorman's Profile Photo
    Oct 1, 2009 at 12:30 PM

We missed going to Lake Como when we were in Milan last Sept. - we did meet Cristian_Uluru though, but will definitely visit the next time and will follow your ferry suggestion....Norman :)

• Manara's Profile Photo
    Sep 2, 2009 at 12:49 PM

The subject is photogenic, but it takes a good photographer like you to capture it!

• TheTravelSlut's Profile Photo
    Sep 1, 2009 at 1:55 PM

Wow! Stunning, and I can't wait to visit now! Great tips and incredible photos! Thanks, Ann, The TravelSlut :-)

icunme Visits Here Frequently!

icunme

“I'm not aging - I'm just busy living happily ever after..............”

Badges & Stats in Lago di Como

Have you been to Lago di Como?

Latest Activity in Lago di Como