"The World As I See It" Qahlua's Profile

Climb The Mountains And Reach For The Sky

Share the joy of my travel and hopefully you will get to enjoy it too. I have not travellled much but those places I have been too are considered worthy of seeing and experiencing it. I would like to share with you all and feel free to ask me how to get to where I have been. My experience as a Manager of a local travel agent in Malaysia will surely help to give you adequate advise on how to see and enjoy the place. So far I have visited Saudi Arabia, Japan, China, Thailand, Turkey, Indonesia and travelled extensively throughot Malaysia

MY BELOVED MALAYSIA

Though it is a small country, there is so much to see and experience here. Seeing is believing.
Nature can be viewed easily by rafting down a river. This can be done on The nenggiri River in Kelantan Malaysia where a 3 days rafting can bring you down a river set amidst lush rainforest. The aborigines village can be sighted along the river.

Camping In The Jungle

The Students of Singapore International School seemed to enjoy nature most. They often come to kelantan to raft on The Nenggiri river. Roughing it out in the jungle is nothing to them.

Waterfalls

A waterfall never fail to amaze and bring joy to many people. This one is a new found jewel near a remote aboriginal village in Gua Musang, Kelantan.

The Orang Asli (The Aborigines)

Some Orang asliof Malaysia still maintain their old way of life and traditions though fascilities are provided by the government to better their standard of living. Proper houses are build and education is also provided. Slowly they are exposed to modern life and are encouraged to settle down and not be nomadic anymore. Some of these villages can be visited and visitors can stay in at these villages if proper arrangement are made.

The Highlands

There 4 major highland resorts in Malaysia namely Genting Highlands which is famous for its Theme Park and Casino, Cameron highlands is famous for its temperate flowers and vegetables, Frazier's hill and Maxwell Hill for nature.

Homestay

Homestay is promoted to bring additional income to the rural populace. It is still in its infancy and not many knows about the programme. For those lucky enough to experience it, the memories of living together with a rural family with all its simplicity is beyond words to describe. This German couple experienced it in Gua musang kelantan.

My Family

My family is rather small for a Malaysian. My eldest daughter is married and has two daughters. My son is married too and has a cute baby boy while his younger brother is still single and all of them live and work in Kuala lumpur while my youngest is still studying at a University in Perak

• Intro Updated Feb 5, 2006

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
Qahlua's Profile Photo

Qahlua

“Open your door and more doors will be opened to you”

Ranked Member