"Great Place to start Cusco trip!" Top 5 Page for this destination Urubamba by rphhas1
Urubamba Travel Guide: 20 reviews and 101 photos
When you first arrive in Cusco, the altitude sickness can unhinge you. I recommend descending to the centrally located Urubamba to explore the Sacred Valley. We stayed at Las Chullpas. The owners introduced us to a taxi driver who toured us around the Sacred Valley. They also arranged a private horseback riding trip and helped us track down lost luggage. It's also relatively close to Ollantaytambo (20 minutes away) and Moray, the salt pans, and the other sites of the Sacred Valley
- Pros:Centrally located, lower altitude than the city of Cusco
The food here is wonderful, with an atmosphere to match. The cuisine mixes Peruvian ingredients with international... more travel advice
I was so happy that we chose Las Chullpas to stay when we were in the Sacred Valley. Chalo and Leonie are extremely... more travel advice
rphhas1's Related Pages
Urubamba Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A great start off point for a walk"
- "Urubamba ~ Largest Town in the Sacred Valley"
- "Great Place to start Cusco trip!"
- "Less charming but plenty in the area"
- "New discovery en Urubamba City-Sacred Valley-CUZCO"
- "Urubamba River- White water rafting"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Urubamba
- Hotels in Urubamba
- Restaurants in Urubamba
- Shopping in Urubamba
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Urubamba
- 4 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Urubamba?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Urubamba
- Cusco Intro, 7 reviews
- Top 5 Page for this destination Urubamba Intro, 4 reviews
- Machu Picchu 2 reviews
No friends yet.