"All about Me, Mi, and Moi" Cruiseone2003's Profile

Here we go, chapter 1

Back in 2006 I stumbled onto Virtual Tourist.com by accident when I needed to find some "things to do" for an upcoming cruise that I was taking from Miami to Barcelona. I thought this was just a place to exchange travel info but then I read that people actually meet up, have meetings etc. I thought, this could be fun!(?) So I decided to take 10 minutes out of my day to start my Homepage and tell YOU a little about ME.

I have lived in the bay area since 84, in the city since 90 and couldn't think of any other place to live in the world. Well, Barcelona is giving San Francisco a run for it's money.

I am a former airline employee(United Airlines) having left the industry in 03 after 18years of service. Shortly after, my partner Terry and I started a travel agency that specializes in cruises worldwide. Our unofficial motto is "If it floats, we'll sell it". I have become quite the "cruiser" having sailed on over 30 cruises from crossing the Pacific to Hawaii, Western and Eastern Caribbean, Mexican Riviera, 3 and 4 night cruises to Ensenada (for a quick getaway), Eastern Canada, Bahamas 2 Atlantic Crossings, N. Europe/Baltics, Mediterranean and Adriatic Sea. Because of my former job I was able to see a lot of the world. Looking back on it I wish I had traveled just a bit more.

That's it for now.........

My next trip...............

will be May 30,2012 - 13 nights from Venice to Rome onboard the Celebrity Silhouette with stops in Slovenia, Croatia, Montenegro, Greece, Malta and several other Italian ports, stay tuned for more info.

Loving Virtual Tourist

Been doing some research for an upcoming trip to Scandanavia, Baltics, and Russia and read my opening bio, seems so long ago. Just completed another Transatlantic crossing with Celebrity Cruises from San Juan to Rome with port stops in Antigua, Agadir, Ibiza, Barcelona, Villefranche. This was my 24th cruise! We left San Juan with 1800 guests, 650 of which were Puerto Ricans....let me just say you have not partied until you have been on a cruise with 650 Puerto Riquenos! The DJ Begged us to leave the Disco at 4am!(it closes at 2am)
My next cruise is another with Celebrity Cruises from Dover sailing up to Helsingborg, Sweden; Rostock, Germany; Helsinki, Finland; St. Petersburg, Russia; Tallinn, Estonia; Riga, Latvia; Klaipeda, Lithuania; and Copenhagen, Denmark.

Tutto Bene en Italia and Croatia!

I took my cruise to Northern Europe in Aug07, the weather was just perfect, out of 14days on the ship, 13days were warm and clear. The highlights for me were Helsinki, St. Petersburg (Loved the Metro)the Baltics, and Copenhagen. Was sad to leave the good friends we made while onboard but I have learned the best way to get over a cruise is to plan the next one! Next one is Italy and Croatia in Oct/Nov07, I'm looking forward to visiting Venice(Canals and St. Marks Sq), Portofino, Florence (statue of David)and Pisa(leaning tower), Naples (Pompeii and pizza), Split and Dubrovnik, and Messina (Sicily). Hoping to get some great tips from some VT'ers.

How to get over a fantastic trip?

Plan your next one! After two wonderful cruises this past summer, one in N. Europe/Russia/Baltcis and Italy/Croatia I'm back in the U.S. and already planning the next trip abroad this time to Belgium in February; Brrrrrrrrr. Will still be fun I'm sure, nothing a jacket, cap, and scarf can't handle; see my page on Knokke, Belgium.

Next Cruise in May 2008 with Azamara Cruises

Wanted to add another small chapter, Terry and I are invited to attend a Seminar at Sea aboard Azamara Cruises which is a relatively new cruise line offering sailings world wide. Azamara was created by Celebrity cruises and offer service a few notches above Celebrity. They currently have two ships, the Journey and the Quest each holding about 700guests and 400crew. We leave from Venice and visit the following ports: Kopor, Slovakia; Split and Dubrovnik, Croatia; Bari, Sorrento, and Rome, Italy; Monte Carlo, Monaco; Marseille,. France, and finally Barcelona, Spain!

I've been doing research on these ports of call but any information from a local or someone who has been would be appreciated.

My First VT meeting

I attended my first VT meeting in North Beach (San Francisco) this past Friday night May 23, 2008, about 10 members attended and we had a good time sharing food, drink, and our travel stories. I even had a couple members show me where the best pizza in North Beach is at! Check out my dining page for details.

What I have been up too

Between running a small travel agency that specializes in cruises with my partner who lives in the U.K. and dealing the the recession I still have managed to feed my passion and do some traveling. In November 09, I sailed on Royal Caribbean's Navigator of the Sea from Malaga, Spain to Miami, Florida via Funchal, Tenerife, La Palma and Nassau. Pre cruise I spent time in London and a week on the Costa del Sol (near malaga) post cruise I spent time in Miami and Albuquerque with family for Thanksgiving before returning back to San Francisco.

I'm writing this from my hotel in Jerusalem, Israel during my one week and first time visit to this wonderful country. We flew from London to Zurich and spent a night mostly because I hadn't been to Zurich since 93 and wanted to see the city again. Lovely place but the food is over the top expensive!
Next was a nice flight on Swiss Airlines from Zurich to Tel Aviv, let me just say it now, I'm loving Israel and am already looking forward to my next visit. Have a look at my newly created Israel/Jerusalem page.

Shalom!

• Intro Updated May 13, 2012

• sof76's Profile Photo
    Oct 17, 2013 at 7:50 PM

Happy B'day from Buenos Aires!!
    =)
    Sof

• toemayn's Profile Photo
    Oct 17, 2013 at 4:18 AM

Hope your birthday is filled with all the fun you can handle!

• khattabi_eg's Profile Photo
    Oct 17, 2013 at 2:45 AM

Happy Birthday David! I hope you have been well. I had tried to email you several times but the emails just kept bouncing back and I totally forgot I could catch you on VT as it's been a very long time since I last logged into this site. Take good care, enjoy your special day and talk to you soon. Your friend from Morocco :)

• Cruiseone2003's Profile Photo
      Oct 17, 2013 at 9:39 AM

Hello my friend, good to hear from you and thank you for the Birthday wishes. I may be coming to Agadir in early December 2013! My partner Terry and I are waiting to be confirmed on a cruise. If this happens, maybe we could see you in Touradant? Are you still there? How is your mom? -David

• baddog34's Profile Photo
    May 23, 2013 at 8:13 AM

Hi David. I just updated my VT travel interests and thru it found your page. My wife and I really dig cruises and have been toying with the idea of doing a transatlantic (Barcelona to Florida, not sure which one yet). How would you describe your transatlantic crossings? How does it compare to a cruise up-down the Mexican Riviera (which we've done). Is there much rocking and rolling onboard mid-ocean? I assume money spent on a balcony is a waste because it's probably pretty chilly out there. Thanks in advance for your reply.

• Cruiseone2003's Profile Photo
      May 23, 2013 at 9:23 AM

Hi Baddog, thanks for getting back to me. I love the crossings but we are a different breed of cruisers than the port intensive Caribbean cruisers! We like the sea days, can't get enough of them!! I love being at sea, it's very relaxing, I love the motion of the ocean. I have been on three TA's (Transatlantics) and one Transpacific and never had a rough crossing that's not to say you won't. Believe it or not I have seen the Atlantic smooth as glass, it's quite nice! I like a balcony because nothing is better than staring out at the ocean. For the record, I've had a balcony on a Mexican Riviera cruise that I couldn't use because it was too hot so I say if you want a balcony buy the balcony! Hope this helps-D

• ATLC's Profile Photo
    Oct 18, 2012 at 8:49 AM

Hey ho, you had a birthday yesterday! Hope you're looking back on a lovely day and congratulations all the same :-)

• Usctwin's Profile Photo
    Oct 17, 2012 at 2:28 PM

Hi David, hope you have a great birthday!

• khattabi_eg's Profile Photo
    Oct 17, 2012 at 12:45 PM

Happy Birthday my dear friend David! I still owe you an email but haven't got the time to write back yet but you are in my thoughts too and I am wishing you all the best there is :)Enjoy your special day! Your friend from Morocco! ;)

• Ntomnif's Profile Photo
    Oct 17, 2012 at 4:06 AM

Best wishes on your birthday David and warm greetings from Cameroon,Africa in miniature.May all your travel dreams come to fruition

• winnietankl's Profile Photo
    Feb 7, 2012 at 9:29 PM

Nice page David, happy cruising!

• Minceta's Profile Photo
    Oct 17, 2011 at 5:18 AM

Hello, David! Hereby I would just like to wish you a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY and all the best! If you want, we can stay in touch. i have been already several times in the U.S.A. and I have also been in San Francisco for a short visit.

Best regards from a still sunny but rather cool Belgrade,

Jasmina

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
Cruiseone2003's Profile Photo

Cruiseone2003

“A journey is best measured in friends rather than miles (Tim Cahill)”

Real Name