"Southern Sojourn - Bangalore & Mangalore" Mangalore by Jaywalk
Mangalore Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 52 photos
4004 destinations galore
But I chose Bangalore and Mangalore.
Packed my bags and away I went,
Ten days of fun and time well spent.
Welcomed by a wet Garden City,
I was hoping the rain would have some pity
And let me have a chance to explore
The myriad facets of Bangalore.
From architectural splendours of Tipu’s Palace
To rickshaw-wallahs who seem so callous;
Then gorging on biryani at The Biryani Merchant
And Death By Chocolate at the Corner House tent.
An encounter with a ‘live’ dinosaur on hydraulics
Was just perfect for the Bangalorean mix.
Add to it, meeting friends old and new
And book hunting at Blossom’s to cheer me through.
Moving to Mangalore, my ancestral land –
Where nature abounds untouched by human hand.
Among familiar faces and country cousins,
I revelled in all the attention.
Simplicity and old world charm
Kept me at peace with no alarm.
Savouring the tastes of homemade food,
Fish curry and rice never tasted so good.
Light and shade played hide-n-seek
At the Thousand Pillar Temple for the devout meek.
Made a wish at St. Lawrence’s Miracle Pond
And saw Bahubali look down with memories fond.
Days trickled into hours and hours into minutes.
My vacation soon became a collection of vignettes.
Back in the urban jungle of Bombay
Finding 4004 hours to fit into a normal day!
- Pros:Rustic Experience, Clean Air, Flora, A Little Bit Of Histoy, Architecture, Food. Bangalore is a modern city, so keep an eye for silk sarees, handicrafts etc. Pubs dot this city, so it makes sense to have a group of friends around to have a drink!
- Cons:Local Languages (Kannada, Tulu) are widely used in Mangalore, so one may find communication a bit tough, but still manageable.
- In a nutshell:Two different places in the same state, but an experience to cherish forever!
Jaywalk's Related Pages
Mangalore Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Lazy, unpretentious!"
- "Bustling Mangalore"
- "Coastal Karnataka"
- "Mengaluru, the birth place of Saraswat Brahmins"
- "Sea on one side and river on other side of road"
- "Udpi Sri Krishn"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mangalore
- Hotels in Mangalore
- Transportation in Mangalore
- Restaurants in Mangalore
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mangalore
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Mangalore?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mangalore
No friends yet.