"Charming Town In The Foothills of Alpilles" Top 5 Page for this destination Saint-Rémy-de-Provence by brenns
Saint-Rémy-de-Provence Travel Guide: 52 reviews and 194 photos
Being in this town is akin to stepping into the world of Van Gogh when he was in rehabilitation. All around you will find familiar spots where you painted the scenery with vivid colours. Starry Starry Night was painted here and some of his other paintings.
St Remy de Provence is a lovely little place where one can just recuperate and relax. The warm sunshine beats gently on the face. There are many speciality shops selling local produce.
The excellent excavations at Glanum holds ancient Roman as well as Hellenic structures. The foundations of the buildings still remain. A beautiful column stands at the site also.
- Pros:Full of charm, quiet and good food abounds
- In a nutshell:A Perfect hide-out!
Along the roads of St Remy are signboards which mark the suppossed positions where Van Gogh painted. However, to better... more travel advice
Buses to St Remy de Provence run from Avignon and Arles. For me, I took a bus to St. Remy de Provence from the dreary... more travel advice
brenns' Related Pages
Saint-Rémy-de-Provence Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Saint Remy--A Town Nestled in the Alpilles"
- "Provence is simply Heaven on Earth"
- "The Ancient City of Glanum Was Here"
- "Charming Town In The Foothills of Alpilles"
- "Saint Rémy de Provence"
- "St. Remy has history . . . and tourists"
- "A nice base for visiting Provence"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Saint-Rémy-de-Provence
- Hotels in Saint-Rémy-de-Provence
- Transportation in Saint-Rémy-de-Provence
- Restaurants in Saint-Rémy-de-Provence
- Shopping in Saint-Rémy-de-Provence
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Saint-Rémy-de-Provence
- 4 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Saint-Rémy-de-Provence?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Saint-Rémy-de-Provence
Photos in Saint-Rémy-de-ProvenceSee All Photos (5)
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint-Rémy-de-Provence Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos
- Les Baux-de-Provence 1 review
No friends yet.
Latest Saint-Rémy-de-Provence hotel reviews
- Hostellerie du Vallon de Valrugues
- 98 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 28, 2013
- Chateau de Roussan
- 69 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 21, 2013
- Domaine de Valmouriane
- 15 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 22, 2011
- Gounod Hotel
- 63 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 15, 2013
- Sous les Figuiers
- 99 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 20, 2013
- La Villa Glanum
- 40 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 8, 2013
- Hotel l'Amandiere
- 45 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 30, 2013