"The Dead Sea" Muhafazat Madaba by MM212
Muhafazat Madaba Travel Guide: 15 reviews and 64 photos
Wedged between Jordan and Palestine (and Israel on its southwestern shore), the Dead Sea is located some 420 metres below sea level, the lowest point on Earth. This natural wonder is in fact a salt water lake, whose high salinity makes it unsuitable for marine life, but provides it with extremely rich minerals, supposedly with healing properties. Though no major towns can be found on its shores, the northwestern corner has seen the rise of several touristic developments in the form of hotel-spas that provide a fun experience on any itinerary through Jordan.
My only visit to the Dead Sea was for a couple of hours in December 2010 on a road trip from Amman to Petra, with stops in Madaba, Mount Nebo and Kerak. Because of the lack of a specific location here on VT, I've chosen to write about the Dead Sea in the Madaba Governorate, which occupies the northeastern corner of the Dead Sea.
Finally, it was time to leave the lowest point on Earth as we turned left into the snaking road that leads to the town... more travel advice
After a quick dip in the Dead Sea followed by lunch at the Movenpick, we drove south on the Dead Sea Highway as we... more travel advice
MM212's Related Pages
Muhafazat Madaba Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Dead Sea"
- "Mosaics: Madaba , Mt. Nebo"
- "The Madaba Area"
- "Mosaics of Madaba"
- "Madaba, Mt. Nebo and Dead Sea"
- "Madaba, Jordan"
- "One night in Madaba..."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Muhafazat Madaba
- Hotels in Muhafazat Madaba
- Transportation in Muhafazat Madaba
- Warnings and Dangers in Muhafazat Madaba
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Muhafazat Madaba
- 12 Reviews
- 37 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (47)
Have you been to Muhafazat Madaba?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Muhafazat Madaba
Photos in Muhafazat MadabaSee All Photos (37)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rome Intro, 142 reviews, 502 photos, 4 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 117 reviews, 479 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cairo Intro, 130 reviews, 443 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Damascus Intro, 110 reviews, 411 photos, 8 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 102 reviews, 388 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Aleppo Intro, 84 reviews, 332 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beirut Intro, 95 reviews, 316 photos, 7 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 79 reviews, 322 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bologna Intro, 78 reviews, 317 photos, 6 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 76 reviews, 304 photos, 8 travelogues