"Marlborough" Marlborough by MM212
Marlborough Travel Guide: 23 reviews and 67 photos
Located on the once important London-Bath road, Marlborough is small pretty town in the picturesque countryside of Wiltshire. It was once a relatively important market town along the road and boasts the second widest High Street in England where the market congregated. It also has one of the oldest manmade structures in Europe, the Mound, built around 2400 BC! The Mound is on the school grounds of Marlborough College, one of the country’s top Public Schools where Kate Middleton went to school, which boasts some beautiful architecture designed by renowned architects including the one who designed Buckingham Palace (and the royal connection goes full circle). Marlborough makes a great day trip from London or a stop on the way to other destinations around southern England.
Visit to Marlborough - March 2016 (the first since 1991)
This historic building in the centre of High Street has been an inn since it was built in 1745 . It was originally... more travel advice
Located just behind Memorial Hall, Science Block contains all of the science labs and classrooms at Marlborough College.... more travel advice
MM212's Related Pages
Marlborough Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Noodlet's Marlborough page"
- "Wealthy market town.........."
- "a nice stop on the way to avebury"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Marlborough
- Restaurants in Marlborough
- Shopping in Marlborough
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Marlborough
- 20 Reviews
- 60 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (75)
Have you been to Marlborough?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Marlborough
Photos in MarlboroughSee All Photos (60)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cairo Intro, 172 reviews, 626 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rome Intro, 142 reviews, 508 photos, 4 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 120 reviews, 497 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Damascus Intro, 110 reviews, 411 photos, 8 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 104 reviews, 396 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Aleppo Intro, 84 reviews, 332 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beirut Intro, 95 reviews, 316 photos, 7 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 79 reviews, 322 photos, 10 travelogues
- Bologna Intro, 78 reviews, 317 photos, 6 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 76 reviews, 304 photos, 8 travelogues