"Roma - Città Eterna" Top 5 Page for this destination Rome by MM212
Rome Travel Guide: 11,958 reviews and 26,425 photos
Without a doubt, Rome is my favourite city in this world. There is little to dislike about Rome, and too much to love for a short introductory paragraph. Even listing random non-descriptive positives about Rome: history, cuisine, culture, architecture, language, cappuccino, Romans, art, ancient ruins, sculpture, shopping, fashion, parks, pine trees, gelato etc., could be an eternal task. I will therefore stick to the sweetest thing about Rome, which is simply being in Rome... being there to observe... being there to taste... being there to absorb... being there to experience - or rather do - as the Romans do...
The Eternal City deserves several visits and then some in order to see it in its entirety. I have made numerous short trips to Rome in Nov 1999, Jan 2005, Mar 2007 and Dec 2008 (not counting many other airport stops), but in 2009, my love for the city, coupled with unusual circumstances, has led me to spend six delightful Spring weeks here in Apr/May. I repeated the experience for three weeks in the following April 2010. My only trip to Rome since then has been a short weekend in Mar 2012. I can't wait to go back again...The pictures and tips included are from various trips, but it is an ongoing process as there is so much more to write about. However numerous these tips may seem, they only scratch the surface of this multi-layered open air museum. Remember, they say there are approximately 365 churches in Rome, one for each day of the year!
My tour of Rome begins at Trinita' dei Monti, just above the famous Spanish Steps. Then we descend the steps through the glamorous shopping district and up to Piazza del Popolo, followed by a tour of the Centro Storico (Historic Centre) of the city (Pantheon, Piazza Navona, Campo de' Fiori, etc.). Next comes the heart of Ancient Rome and its Fora, Colosseum and temples. Lastly, we walk through the Quirinal Hill and end in Villa Borghese.
- Cons:Non c'è
I am writing this tip quite a while after I stayed here. It was for one night in May 2009, but my stay was quite... more travel advice
One of Rome's best known museums, la Galleria Borghese exhibits a portion of the important Borghese collection of art... more travel advice
MM212's Related Pages
Rome Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "R O M E"
- "TO THE SOURCES OF MY CULTURE AND HISTORY."
- "Roma - Città Eterna"
- "Roma, una citta stupenda"
- "Rome : A Surpise Around Every Corner"
- "Awestruck in Rome"
- "The world's biggest open air museum?"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Rome
- Hotels in Rome
- Transportation in Rome
- Nightlife in Rome
- Restaurants in Rome
- Shopping in Rome
- Warnings and Dangers in Rome
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Rome
- 142 Reviews
- 502 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 20 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (46)
Have you been to Rome?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Rome
Photos in RomeSee All Photos (502)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rome Intro, 142 reviews, 502 photos, 4 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 117 reviews, 475 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cairo Intro, 130 reviews, 443 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Damascus Intro, 110 reviews, 411 photos, 8 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 102 reviews, 388 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Aleppo Intro, 84 reviews, 332 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beirut Intro, 95 reviews, 316 photos, 7 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 79 reviews, 322 photos, 10 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 76 reviews, 304 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bologna Intro, 74 reviews, 303 photos, 6 travelogues