"Kerak الكرك" Al Karak by MM212
Al Karak Travel Guide: 38 reviews and 104 photos
Perched on a hill 1000 metres above sea level, Kerak (or al-Karak) is a town with very ancient roots. Its strategic views over the Dead Sea and all the way to Jerusalem made it a natural place for a strong castle during the turbulent Crusader times. The castle, Krak des Moabites was thus built in the 12th century and it continues to dominate the town and is its main attraction. The town has a large Christian population and is a fairly sleepy place, but receives a good number of tourists who drive through to visit the Castle, usually on the way to Petra further south.
Perched on hill that dominates the surrounding arid countryside, Krak des Moabites is the castle that gave Kerak its... more travel advice
MM212's Related Pages
Al Karak Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Karak Castle: a castle full of mystery"
- "From the Crusader's castle!"
- "Kingdom of Heaven"
- "~Karak Crusaders~"
- "Karak Castle"
- "AL KARAK - THE CASTLE"
- "Al Karak castle"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Al Karak
- Hotels in Al Karak
- Transportation in Al Karak
- Restaurants in Al Karak
- Warnings and Dangers in Al Karak
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Al Karak
- 2 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (46)
Have you been to Al Karak?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Al Karak
Photos in Al KarakSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rome Intro, 142 reviews, 502 photos, 4 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 116 reviews, 474 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cairo Intro, 130 reviews, 442 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Damascus Intro, 110 reviews, 411 photos, 8 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 101 reviews, 387 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Aleppo Intro, 84 reviews, 332 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beirut Intro, 95 reviews, 316 photos, 7 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 78 reviews, 318 photos, 10 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 76 reviews, 304 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bologna Intro, 74 reviews, 303 photos, 6 travelogues