"The Heart of Darkness - Tortured: Police Nationalé" Republic of Congo by weltleben
Republic of Congo Travel Guide: 80 reviews and 114 photos
We wanted to make a special route nobody had done since almost 10 years - through the heart of the continent. So we went via the Central African Republic to Bangui (capital of C.A.R.) and waited to get a boat down to Brazzaville (Republic of Congo).
"We leave tomorrow!", explained us Captain Henri.
We waited more than two weeks...
"It takes 8-12 days down the Ubangui and Congo-river!"
It took us 16 days plus 7 days for unloading...
But these weeks where a great experience and we changed so many nice (except the torture incident) experiences together with our village on the boat: About 40 people and 500 cows from Chad to be sold at Brazzaville.
We ate a Boa-snake, crocodile, manioc and a lot of other things. We talked and talked and got a god insight into the real Africa. Before we just knew a little about witchcraft and people a still in jail and killed therefore.
Check out at the hole Story at our homepage http://www.weltleben.at (follow the instructions HOME --> !Hexerei & Folter (witchcraft an torture) and DAILY (Diary)
Get the chronic of our trip at HOME -> Cronik
In Congo-Brazzaville, Boyéllé Vilage the Police Nationale tortured our Captain Henry Delmotte to get money.
They shot twice close over our heads, captured us for almost 24 hours and robbed money from everybody except us. Why?
They where frightened, because they expected us to have a sat phone. We found a way to report everything to the president of Congo Brazzaville, because our foreign ministry did nothing at all.
Henry tortured the 3rd time
We helped Captain Henri, our friend as good as possible. We gave him drops against the pain and the shock. It helped.
We will never will forget his eyes, when these bastards brought him back after the torture. These bastards escaped with peanuts, worth EUR 376 and a lot of money from all the pasangers, except us.
"The Horror! The Horror!", with the last words of Joseph Conrads book: Heart of Darkness.
Check out at the whole Story at our homepage http://www.weltleben.at (follow the instructions for translation) REISEBERICHTE (Travel Stories) -> UEBERFALL IM CONGO (Mugging in Congo).
- Pros:dense rainforest, peolpe, first since 10 years
- Cons:torture and mugging by the Police Nationale
- In a nutshell:The African Wild West - rough, interesting, great and adventurous!
As in C.A.R. there are roadblocks in Congo, but much easier. I can give you some tips. Please refuse to pay as long as... more travel advice
weltleben's Related Pages
Republic of Congo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Heart of Darkness - Tortured: Police Nationalé"
- "rép.populaire du congo"
- "Congo needs your help!"
- "Crossing Congo overland"
- "One month of flying-around in the Equator Province"
- "bob_darft's new Congo Page"
- "Consulting and training"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Republic of Congo
- Hotels in Republic of Congo
- Transportation in Republic of Congo
- Nightlife in Republic of Congo
- Restaurants in Republic of Congo
- Shopping in Republic of Congo
- Warnings and Dangers in Republic of Congo
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Republic of Congo
- 2 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Republic of Congo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Republic of Congo
- updated a Republic of Congo Travel Page "The Heart of Darkness - Tortured: Police Nationalé"
- Uploaded a Photo to "How to manage all these roadblocks?"
- Wrote a Review How to manage all these roadblocks? in Republic of Congo Things to Do
Photos in Republic of CongoSee All Photos (6)
Top 5 Pages
- Central African Republic Intro, 1 review, 8 photos
- Republic of Congo Intro, 2 reviews, 6 photos
- Morocco Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
- Angola Intro, 3 photos
- Western Sahara Intro, 3 photos
No friends yet.