"Rome" Rome by Applelyn
Rome Travel Guide: 12,301 reviews and 27,568 photos
The people, the architecture is just amazing. Every corner, every stone tells a story. Stories of Gods, Love and Power. What amazed me more was the ever-flowing water from pipes (I wont say taps because you cant stop the water from flowing).
It was believed that Julius Casear died along this street. Exact spot...hmm....abt 200m from the building rignt at the end. Every leader of Rome contribute to what Rome is today. To list them is already so difficult, let alone understanding their ways. I guess I need at least a year in Rome itself to understand every stone.
It was believed that anyone who threw a coin over their backs into the fountain will visit Rome in the future. Hmm...Good way to collect donations. Everyone was elbowing around and my guide didnt allow me to stop in case I decided to elbow back :P......BUT, for those who knows me...U know I will never miss this chance.................to...................throw the coin over my back!!! Ignoring the guide's pleas, I went to the highest point and throw my smallest coin, over my shoulder and down went the coin into the waters of Fountain of Trevi. It was also believed that if you throw a second coin, you will fall in love with an Italian and the third one will "COST" you to marrying one. Hehehe!! Well well...I didnt have the chance to as my tour members were almost out of sight.
- Pros:Every Stone tells a story
- In a nutshell:Ancient
Personally, anything that you cant bring it back home during travels is worth to take a peak. Especially so if you dont... more travel advice
After a day's work, the first thing most of my Italian friends do is to head to a bar. They will stay there for half an... more travel advice
Applelyn's Related Pages
Rome Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "R O M E"
- "TO THE SOURCES OF MY CULTURE AND HISTORY."
- "Roma - Città Eterna"
- "Roma, una citta stupenda"
- "Rome : A Surpise Around Every Corner"
- "weekends in Rome"
- "Awestruck in Rome"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Rome
- Hotels in Rome
- Transportation in Rome
- Nightlife in Rome
- Restaurants in Rome
- Shopping in Rome
- Warnings and Dangers in Rome
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Rome
- 13 Reviews
- 44 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Rome?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Rome
Top 10 Pages
- Singapore Intro, 45 reviews, 143 photos, 5 travelogues
- Hanoi Intro, 23 reviews, 82 photos, 1 travelogue
- New Delhi Intro, 18 reviews, 65 photos, 1 travelogue
- Genoa Intro, 12 reviews, 59 photos, 1 travelogue
- Pulau Bintan Intro, 16 reviews, 55 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 20 reviews, 50 photos
- Zürich Intro, 13 reviews, 54 photos, 1 travelogue
- Prague Intro, 12 reviews, 54 photos, 1 travelogue
- Perth Intro, 14 reviews, 51 photos, 3 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 13 reviews, 44 photos, 2 travelogues