"Rome" Rome by Applelyn

Rome Travel Guide: 11,964 reviews and 26,451 photos

Ever-flowing water and everlasting memories.

The people, the architecture is just amazing. Every corner, every stone tells a story. Stories of Gods, Love and Power. What amazed me more was the ever-flowing water from pipes (I wont say taps because you cant stop the water from flowing).

Julius Casear

It was believed that Julius Casear died along this street. Exact spot...hmm....abt 200m from the building rignt at the end. Every leader of Rome contribute to what Rome is today. To list them is already so difficult, let alone understanding their ways. I guess I need at least a year in Rome itself to understand every stone.

Fountain of Trevi

It was believed that anyone who threw a coin over their backs into the fountain will visit Rome in the future. Hmm...Good way to collect donations. Everyone was elbowing around and my guide didnt allow me to stop in case I decided to elbow back :P......BUT, for those who knows me...U know I will never miss this chance.................to...................throw the coin over my back!!! Ignoring the guide's pleas, I went to the highest point and throw my smallest coin, over my shoulder and down went the coin into the waters of Fountain of Trevi. It was also believed that if you throw a second coin, you will fall in love with an Italian and the third one will "COST" you to marrying one. Hehehe!! Well well...I didnt have the chance to as my tour members were almost out of sight.

• Pros:Every Stone tells a story
  • Cons:Crowded...
  • In a nutshell:Ancient
  • Last visit to Rome: Sep 2005
  • Intro Updated Dec 1, 2006

Applelyn

“Search the place and live their way!”

Badges & Stats in Rome