"Another hometown" Taiwan by Applelyn
Taiwan Travel Guide: 64 reviews and 191 photos
Ali Shan is a famous mountain in Taiwan. It has a unique "litlle train" but the concept of moving a train up steep slopes is very dangerous. In order to view sunrise from mountains range or rather in the midst of clouds, you have to be at the foot of the mountain at about 5 am, take the train up to the summit and wait :) Remember to eat the piping hot spring onion pancake there...sedap!!
This is a change from the mountains. Taipei is surrounded by mountain ranges and in order to reach the sea, you had to tunnel through them :) Strong gust of wind make you gasp. "Try it during typhoon season"--A Tip reserved for enemies :P This oversees the ocean and the waves just keep roaring in. A very nice experience. The sculpture depicts how fishermen there fight for a living especially during typhoon season.
This is my favourite place. It make me feel "BIG". This place houses the world :) Mini world as its name speaks for itself...shows the world famous attractions and architecture.
- Pros:Good Subway, Nice Food, Lots of Foliage
- Cons:Language Barrier, Traffic Jams, "Raining" of Betel nuts
- In a nutshell:A city in the midst of a jungle
Applelyn's Related Pages
Taiwan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Lantern Festival for the Chinese Year"
- "Round Taiwan Adventure trip - 01 - 11 May 2005"
- "Another hometown"
- "Taiwan, Republic Of China"
- "Local Introduction"
- "A Different Asia"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Taiwan
- Hotels in Taiwan
- Transportation in Taiwan
- Restaurants in Taiwan
- Shopping in Taiwan
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Taiwan
- 1 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Taiwan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Taiwan
Top 10 Pages
- Singapore Intro, 45 reviews, 143 photos, 5 travelogues
- Hanoi Intro, 23 reviews, 82 photos, 1 travelogue
- New Delhi Intro, 18 reviews, 65 photos, 1 travelogue
- Genoa Intro, 12 reviews, 59 photos, 1 travelogue
- Pulau Bintan Intro, 16 reviews, 55 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 20 reviews, 50 photos
- Zürich Intro, 13 reviews, 54 photos, 1 travelogue
- Prague Intro, 12 reviews, 54 photos, 1 travelogue
- Perth Intro, 14 reviews, 51 photos, 3 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 13 reviews, 44 photos, 2 travelogues