"Two cities for the price of one!" Budapest by SapineKuu

Budapest Travel Guide: 7,710 reviews and 17,863 photos

Orulok hogy megismerhetem! (Pleased to meet you)

Budapest is a fine city with a most entertaining language. It seems even locals think its too complicated for tourists. Ok, if you try it you may end up eating something you didn't expect or going to places other than your desired destination but that's cool.

Silent Protest

I came across this rather dignified protest in the centre of Budapest. The masks were very eye catching if a little scary. At the time I couldn't establish the basis for the protest but thanks to VT member ICourage I now know this was a protest against the Prime Minister who is I'm informed deeply unpopular. It seems he was secretly recorded allegedly admitting that his party had consistently lied to the electorate and for good measure he then went on to insult their country!

What Does it Say?

Thanks to ICourage I now know the Prime Minister allegedly said:

"Its obvious we (the Socialists) lied in the whole past one and half & two years"

Sounds like most politicians!

• Last visit to Budapest: Feb 2008
  • Intro Updated May 13, 2008

• Anjutka's Profile Photo
    Nov 19, 2008 at 3:03 PM

This city is still on my travel list...even if it is so close...

• coccinella169's Profile Photo
    Oct 8, 2008 at 7:46 AM

Hey, the Gellert looks nice! Too bad that our Budapest trip was postponed :(. Have you managed to learn some hungarian? The only word I know is "etterem" (that`s an important one though :))

• May 16, 2008 at 5:59 AM

That is a great translation!!! I'm glad you found out what it means as it is highly amusing ;)

• Regina1965's Profile Photo
    May 4, 2008 at 9:10 AM

Hehe, yes, what does this mean? This really doesn't look like any language I know :-/

• Bilimari's Profile Photo
    Apr 22, 2008 at 2:04 PM

What a great photo of Budapest, Dez! Looking forward to seeing more info on the town. :)

SapineKuu

“The ass that goes travelling will come back a horse”

Badges & Stats in Budapest

Have you been to Budapest?