"A Life Less Ordinary" SapineKuu's Profile
Greetings, from the North West coast of England a short distance from Liverpool. Nestled between nature reserve and beach the location provides a great escape from the city. Sadly, my red squirrel neighbours are now an endangered species. This is attributed to the larger non-native grey squirrels who are voracious eaters and carry a virus lethal to their red-furred cousins. I do what I can to help, through local conservation work and supplying them with huge amounts of peanuts! They reward me with daily visits like the one above. At this time of year it's not unusual to see as many as three chasing each other around the garden.
I work in Liverpool and London but live North of the city. Liverpool has changed hugely over the last few years and has made great use of it's nautical heritage. If your thinking of visiting and have any questions or just want to say 'Hello' please get in touch.
For those who place security at a premium when choosing accommodation the Langholmen hostel in Stockholm may appeal. This former prison offers a range of cells now converted into compact but well-appointed accommodation. Mine even had its own bathroom and TV and yes the windows open should you feel the urge to knot the bed sheets together! In December the hostel was pretty quiet but the bar was full of activity with lots of external office folk visiting the attached hotel restaurant for their Julfest celebration.
I found Ljubljana to be a small gem of a city and is a great example of urban planning. Combined with a great art & music scene, nice people and beautiful countryside I can't wait to return.
One of my interests is street art, particularly if it conveys something good. I came across this nice example in Bologna.
I took this photograph of mother and child on the steps of the Taj Mahal. Photographs usually depict the classic view of this monument but I felt much of its beauty resided in the detail of its stonework and the people visiting it.
For the last decade the country of Iceland has served the people of many larger nations well. It is a testament to the stoicism, resilience and industriousness of its people that they have achieved so much with so little.
It is therefore sad to see a lack of empathy from foreign governments in its hour of need. Their petition at:
reaffirms what great people they are and I hope you feel able to sign it.
Have you noticed how our travel experience is influenced by our choice of transport? This is a little car I imported a few years ago from Tokyo and I use for trips mainly in the UK. People often come to talk about it because it is quite unusual. They even let it pull out at busy intersections!
Personal Pages (2)
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
- Maxville Hotels
- Sand Harbor Beach State Recreation Area Hotels
- Puerto Galera
- Vilanova i la Geltru
- Kampong Pantai Batu Hitam Hotels
- Fern Creek Hotels
- Carlsbad Hotels
- Punta Cana
- Salton Sea Beach Hotels
- Washington D.C.
- Abu Dhabi
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 152 Reviews
- 249 Photos
- 14 Countries
- 16 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
- SapineKuu and Regina1965 are now friends.
- Commented on Bilimari's profile page
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: status symbols."
- updated a Oslo Travel Page "Norwegian Wood"
updated their Profile Page "A Life Less Ordinary"
- Uploaded a Photo to "A Life Less Ordinary"
- Wrote a Review Uppsala - The Lost City of Atlantis about Cathedral in Uppsala Things to Do
- Uploaded a Video to Bologna
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Liverpool Intro, 38 reviews, 54 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ljubljana Intro, 16 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Reykjavík Intro, 17 reviews, 17 photos
- Oslo Intro, 14 reviews, 12 photos
- Poznan Intro, 12 reviews, 12 photos
- Göteborg Intro, 9 reviews, 11 photos
- London Intro, 7 reviews, 11 photos
- Bologna Intro, 7 reviews, 9 photos
- Tallinn County Intro, 5 reviews, 9 photos
- Uppsala Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22461 Reviews - 54973 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2701 Reviews - 7925 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23317 Reviews - 48909 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15643 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Prampram Hotels
- See nearby hotels
- Manila Hotels
- 2025 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3092 Reviews - 5855 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 780 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12023 Reviews - 26760 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2058 Reviews - 3874 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22905 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7828 Reviews - 20233 Photos