"Hokkaido" Hokkaido by santeria01
Hokkaido Travel Guide: 14 reviews and 38 photos
When my friend, Cel (another wanderlust buddy) informed me we are grabbing a seat sale promo of a certain airline, I didn't hesitate to decide for Japan, never mind if i still didn't have the visa yet, or if I didn't have the budget yet. Thankfully, everything went into place. With the help of Cel and my Japanese boss, I was able to secure a tourist visa.
Since our entry point is Osaka, we initially planned to just see USJ and have a day tour. But an old friend of Cel who was living in Hokkaido learned about our going to Japan and invited us to stay with them for a few days. So yay. :-)
Even if Hokkaido is considered a province in Japan, I still think this was the best place I've been so far. For someone who has been in a tropical country all her life, it was a total novelty to be in a very VERY cold place. Hokkaido gave me my very first snow experience. :-P
Our host family (Honda Family) was very gracious and polite. Japanese people are generally very polite and kind-hearted people. I love them. :-) Emily, a Filipina married to a Japanese (Hiro Honda) took us in and toured us to various sites in Hokkaido. We are fortunate to experience living with this family, especially when you get to play with Hiro and Emily's two adorable boys, 5-year old Yujiro and 1-year old Takumi. :-)
So our host still is anxious about our food preference, so he brought us to another Hotel for our dinner for our second... more travel advice
Its a big buffet restaurant in Zusco Mall (hope I got the name of the mall right). The italian pasta is not tasty, but... more travel advice
santeria01's Related Pages
Hokkaido Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kamikawa-cho, Kamikawa-gun (HOKKAIDO)"
- "It Snow Everyday in Sapporo"
- "My 1st trip, 1st encounter with snowflakes"
- "Northern island"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Hokkaido
- Hotels in Hokkaido
- Transportation in Hokkaido
- Restaurants in Hokkaido
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Hokkaido
- 7 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Hokkaido?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hokkaido
Top 10 Pages
- Bangkok Intro, 13 reviews, 31 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 7 reviews, 21 photos
- Tagaytay City Intro, 5 reviews, 14 photos
- Puerto Galera Intro, 6 reviews, 13 photos
- Osaka Intro, 7 reviews, 11 photos
- Hokkaido Intro, 7 reviews, 9 photos
- Baguio City Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Bataan Intro, 3 reviews, 12 photos
- Marikina Intro, 2 reviews, 10 photos
- Bohol Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos
Latest Hokkaido hotel reviews
- Daiichi Takimotokan Hotel
- 52 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 25, 2013