"Marikina City" Marikina by santeria01
Marikina Travel Guide: 14 reviews and 102 photos
I've been here in Marikina for almost 2 years now, yet I still have a lot of things to discover in this city.
Marikina made its brand in the country as its shoe capital, where shoes made here are known for its quality.
I mentioned also the Janitor Fish because these critters infested the rivers of Marikina, probably in an attempt to clean the polluted waters of the river. Marikina government actually was successful in cleaning the river and converting areas around it into a park. However, the janitor fish ate everything in the river, including other fishes' food, so the janitor fish population grew while the other fishes died, they kinda ruined the balance. Am just not sure how the Marikina local government are going to solve it. Last time I heard was they are offering money to whomever could catch some janitor fish in the river.
OK, so SM Marikina just opened Sept. 5, 2008. My sister works here as a Customer Service Associate, so she's having busy days.
So far, SM Marikina is one of the prettiest SM malls I've seen. I mean, I've been to The Podium, and it was a real high end mall so it should be pretty, but when you get to see SM Marikina (which caters to the masses) it was real pretty, the front area is made of glass, and you will have a nice view of, uhmm, Marcos Highway. hehehe. And on the right side, you will see Marikina riverbanks. They built a separate road for the mall connecting it to the Highway.
This is the first time I got to watch this kind of parade in Marikina, actually this is sort of like a tradition for the... more travel advice
santeria01's Related Pages
Marikina Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Manila’s Little Singapore, Marikina"
- "Marinika, a Valley of Beauty"
- "What comes to mind?"
- "Marikina City"
- "Jumping around a cemetery in Markina, Philippines!"
- "Jumping in Marikina"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Marikina
- 2 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Marikina?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Marikina
Top 10 Pages
- Bangkok Intro, 13 reviews, 31 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 7 reviews, 21 photos
- Tagaytay City Intro, 5 reviews, 14 photos
- Puerto Galera Intro, 6 reviews, 13 photos
- Osaka Intro, 7 reviews, 11 photos
- Hokkaido Intro, 7 reviews, 9 photos
- Baguio City Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Bataan Intro, 3 reviews, 12 photos
- Marikina Intro, 2 reviews, 10 photos
- Bohol Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos