"Phnom Penh. A City built to replace Angkor" Phnom Penh by stimix
Phnom Penh Travel Guide: 1,459 reviews and 3,835 photos
The city is reasonably huge and what interest me most are those old 1975 photos displayed in S21 Toul Sleng genocide museum/prison where the whole city emptied without a soul and now bustling & similar facade seen in the 1975 photos still the same only now no longer a ghost city!
Another surprise. The city is more like another huge chinatown with huge numbers of Chinese & sino-Khmers mixed and most of them can speak Mandarin & English and thus easier to communicate rather than those Thais' city where hand gesture is essential!
Anyone interested? Andrew Ziemmern favorites probably. There even more bizarre food at Skun rest area on the way tio Siem Riep with its fried Tarantula!
This prison museum is a must for those visiting Phnom Penh but avoid bringing children. Nitemare for them!
stimix's Related Pages
Phnom Penh Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Pardon Phnom Penh"
- "A City of Contrasts"
- "Phnom Penh Cambodia"
- "Phnom Penh"
- "Kingdom of Cambodia's Capitol City"
- "Images of Phnom Penh"
- "A stop on the way"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Phnom Penh
- Hotels in Phnom Penh
- Transportation in Phnom Penh
- Nightlife in Phnom Penh
- Restaurants in Phnom Penh
- Shopping in Phnom Penh
- Warnings and Dangers in Phnom Penh
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Phnom Penh
- 1 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Phnom Penh?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Phnom Penh
Photos in Phnom PenhSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Angkor Wat Intro, 11 reviews, 14 photos
- City of Manila Intro, 7 reviews, 12 photos
- Melaka Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos
- Pengkalan Kempas Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Phnom Penh Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 2 reviews, 2 photos
- Taiwan Intro, 3 photos
- Bali Intro, 2 photos
- Chiang Mai Intro, 2 photos
- Taroko Gorge Intro, 2 photos
No friends yet.