"Newly Obsessed Traveler!" midwesttrvlr's Profile
My husband Scott and I have led a nice life...just two Midwestern kids from Indiana who met in College at Miami University in Ohio and who didn't really stray from the good 'ol US of A! Our only "problem" was that we were always too busy with school, work, or family events to travel outside of the US!
However, in 2004 we visited Hawaii (Kauai and Maui) for our fabulous honeymoon and fell in love with traveling! We loved being by ourselves and booking reservations, doing the downhill volcano ride, and just discovering things together - in 6 years of dating, I don't think that we ever felt that close!
We made our first trip outside the US last year when we went on an 11 day trip to France. We had a wonderful time (despite poor 6'3" Scott sitting on a cramped Air France plane!) and decided on that trip to keep traveling because Life is TOO Short! We plan on taking 1 overseas trip a year with lots of little domestic ones in between!
We feel very blessed to be of good health and financial status to do this at this point in our lives; may the rest of our travels be as fun and romantic as our last few!
Our next big adventure is a 16 day trip to Italy in September '06: any suggestions or tips would be GREATLY appreciated!
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 21 Reviews
- 32 Photos
- 2 Countries
- 5 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
- Posted in Travel Pompeii Forum "Rome to Pompei?"
- Commented on aussirose's profile page
- Wrote a Review Great Lunch Place! in Villefranche-sur-Mer Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "BEST MEAL EVER!!!"
- created a Paris Travel Page "Paris - too short to do in 4 days!"
updated their Profile Page "Newly Obsessed Traveler!"
Top 5 Pages
- Chenonceau Intro, 3 reviews, 10 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chinon 3 reviews, 8 photos
- Paris Intro, 6 reviews, 4 photos
- Nice Intro, 5 reviews, 4 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Villefranche-sur-Mer Intro, 3 reviews, 5 photos
No friends yet.