"Above the 60th parallel" Northwest Territories by omehes
Northwest Territories Travel Guide: 154 reviews and 391 photos
When driving up to NWT on route 35, traveler is greeted by the 60th parallel information centre. A welcoming gate to the wild north.
Yellowknife's old town is a wonderful place, in fact the most interesting part of the town. Its old houses and its new homes with amazing styles, they all cling to the huge rocky hills surrounded by Great Slave lake. The small islands are accessible by yachts and boats, other settlements by small planes parked at different places.
Bisons were roaming the grasslands of the Mackenzie sanctuary all over.
- Pros:Wild and wild
The restaurant or cafe or eatery itself is very interesting. It's wooden, rugged and very old. It's interesting to see... more travel advice
The petrol to sub-arctic Northwest Territories is hauled from Alberta by big tankers. And this is reflected in its... more travel advice
omehes' Related Pages
Northwest Territories Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Diamond Mines of the Arctic: Ek'ati, Diavik etc."
- "Mackenzie Highway"
- "Above the 60th parallel"
- "Northwest Territories - Canada"
- "Legislative Assembly"
- "Northern Adventures"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Northwest Territories
- Hotels in Northwest Territories
- Transportation in Northwest Territories
- Nightlife in Northwest Territories
- Restaurants in Northwest Territories
- Shopping in Northwest Territories
- Warnings and Dangers in Northwest Territories
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Northwest Territories
- 4 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Northwest Territories?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Northwest Territories
Photos in Northwest TerritoriesSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- China Intro, 6 reviews, 21 photos, 3 travelogues
- South Africa Intro, 4 reviews, 11 photos
- Calgary Intro, 4 reviews, 11 photos
- Hungary Intro, 6 reviews, 8 photos
- Malta Intro, 3 reviews, 10 photos
- United States of America Intro, 3 reviews, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Switzerland Intro, 3 reviews, 8 photos
- Austria Intro, 3 reviews, 7 photos
- Italy Intro, 1 review, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Mexico Intro, 2 reviews, 7 photos, 1 travelogue