"Travel...culture...photos...the spice of life" global-wanderer's Profile
Spent 5 years in Kuwait...1998 to 2003. It was a time of change....for me and for Kuwait! I left Kuwait after the fall of Sadam in Iraq. Not so sure how things are there now but I know that my experiences there taught me a lot and made me a better person. Also, I was able to travel while living there to places I never dreamed of going! This will be short glimpses of those travels, with tips along the way.
UPDATE: I am back in Kuwait since August of 2007!! Who knows how long I'll be here this time!!
Went to Bahrain the spring of 2003. Would have been a great trip...if not being there in the middle of a sandstorm! Bahrain is much more open than Kuwait. The people are friendly and hospitable. Stayed at the new Novetel Resort (it had just opened).
Was in Dubai for Christmas of 2002. Lovely place and wonderful locals!! Sooo many things to do there...not like Kuwait! :) (dont' get me wrong...you can be very busy in Kuwait but not as a tourist!) Would love to teach in Dubai someday!
Egypt...place of many sights...sounds...and smells...AND many people!! Took my first trip here in March of 1999. Had the chance to do a cruise on the Nile and then a few days in Cairo. What an experience! This photo is one of my favorites.
hmmm What can I say? The trip of a lifetime! Sensory overload in Bankok...to the slow paced life of Chain Mai...to the beaches of Kasamui. What a place! Hard to choose a photo for here. Was in Thailand in Februrary of 200?
Took a couple of trips through England. spent a week in London in August of 2000 and then a week with friends in July of 2003. The two trips were different but a step back in time. Of course...the eye of London was not. Very interesting place!
What a wonderful place! Had a great time here...from Dublin to Port Leich by bu...to Cork with a friend...on to Galway by bus again...and back to Dublin by train! Awsome friends took care of me while visiting (Rosemary, Oonaugh, and Tracy) the Emerld Isle! Then to top off the trip I had the opportunity to go on a Music Pub Crawl my last night in Dublin. Even tried to drink a Guiness when with friends in Cork!
Personal Pages (1)
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 13 Reviews
- 137 Photos
- 5 Countries
- 7 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
- Commented on VTFlagContest's profile page
- Wrote a Review Budapest Souvenir about Váci Street - Váci utca in Budapest Things to Do
- created a Budapest Travel Page "Budapest...hills, castles, cathedrals and more!"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Budapest...hills, castles, cathedrals and more!"
- Posted in Travel United States of America Forum "Re: Priceline choose your own price"
- global-wanderer and dsantosh are now friends.
updated their Profile Page "Travel...culture...photos...the spice of life"
Top 10 Pages
- Bethel Intro, 21 photos, 3 travelogues
- Talkeetna Intro, 3 reviews, 13 photos
- Chiang Mai Intro, 2 reviews, 10 photos
- Ko Samui Intro, 1 review, 8 photos
- Hawaii (State of) Intro, 1 review, 6 photos
- Laos Intro, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- Amman Intro, 1 review, 6 photos
- Budapest Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Velence 1 review, 4 photos
- Malaysia Intro, 3 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (1)
- Paris Hotels
- 22198 Reviews - 54001 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15557 Reviews - 30993 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3082 Reviews - 5778 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23037 Reviews - 47268 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11941 Reviews - 26475 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1912 Reviews - 4527 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1930 Reviews - 3719 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8369 Reviews - 17097 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4277 Reviews - 8800 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3341 Reviews - 7500 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7700 Reviews - 19770 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2421 Reviews - 6530 Photos