Puerto Vallarta Shopping Tips by monica71
Puerto Vallarta Shopping: 49 reviews and 60 photos
OXXO is the convenience store where you can buy some groceries, drinks, etc. They are all over town, prices are reasonable and they come in very handy :)
Theme: Food and Drink
Vendors on the street, by the beach
Make sure you buy some fresh fruit from the street vendors. Nothing tastes better than a slice of watermelon or some mango while you are on the beach or walking the streets of Puerto Vallarta in the hot sun!
What to buy: any kind of fresh fruit
There are plenty of options to choose from when it comes to buying souvenirs in Puerto Vallarta. You just have to make up your mind and be ready to start bargaining. Some of the pieces the vendors sell make for very nice souvenirs!
What to buy: ceramic pieces, jewelry, resort wear
What to pay: half of the asking price!!!!
Theme: Local Craft
Watercolor paintings vendor
I like to buy art pieces when I go on vacation and I have to admit that the selection in Puerto Vallarta is huge. You will find really nice art pieces in town.
I got several watercolor paintings from 2 different artists that were selling their work on Isla Rio Cuale, right under the bridge. Their prices were very reasonable! Now that I am back home, I feel really sorry I did not buy more watercolor paintings to also give as presents (the ones I bought were a big hit with my friends that saw them framed and hanged on the wall).
What to buy: watercolor paintings or oil paintings
What to pay: about 8 US dollars for a medium to large size watercolor painting
Vendor on the beach
There are plenty of beach vendors in Puerto Vallarta, so you can do your shopping right on the beach.
Some of the things they sell are really nice and the beauty of it is that you can bargain even more than you do it in stores. Start by offering half of the asking price. The vendor will try to make you pay as much as possible for the things you are considering buying, but stay firm with your offer and he/she will eventually agree to your price. If not, don't worry, another one will stop by and will most likely have the same stuff for sale.
Address: on the beach
Alberto's Silver is one of the shops you should stop by and check when you are in Puerto Vallarta. His shop has a great selection of fine sterling silver jewelry made by hand. You will see them making the pieces while you browse the tiny store.
Even if you do not buy anything from here, stop by and check out the store. Most likely you will not see the same pieces they make here for sale in any of the other stores in town.
What to buy: unique Mexican sterling silver jewelry
Address: Juaez 185, Puerto Vallarta
Directions: one block East of Hotel Encino, between Isla Rio Cuale and the town church
More Reviews (51)
- See All Be careful when buying sterling silver...
- See All If you need to call home...
- See All Enjoy gorgeous sunsets!
- Pack smart!
- Price negotiation is a way of life here
monica71's Related Pages
Puerto Vallarta Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Puerto Vallarta, Mexico!"
- "Really Explore Puerto Vallarta"
- "Essential PV"
- "Long time in Returning to Puerto Vallarta!!!"
- "Still the "Real Deal""
- "Fun on the beach, on a boat or in the jungle"
- "Puerto Vallarta: A resort town w/cultural hold"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Puerto Vallarta
- Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
- Transportation in Puerto Vallarta
- Nightlife in Puerto Vallarta
- Restaurants in Puerto Vallarta
- Shopping in Puerto Vallarta
- Warnings and Dangers in Puerto Vallarta
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Puerto Vallarta
- 57 Reviews
- 86 Photos
- 4 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Puerto Vallarta?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Puerto Vallarta
- Posted in Travel San Juan Forum "Re: Great hotel for an active..."
- updated a Puerto Vallarta Travel Page "Bienvenidos a Mexico"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Convenience Stores"
- Wrote a Review Convenience Stores about Markets in Puerto Vallarta Shopping
- Commented on one of Mindy_J's Puerto Vallarta travel pages
Photos in Puerto VallartaSee All Photos (86)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Costa Rica Intro, 71 reviews, 285 photos, 7 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 83 reviews, 245 photos, 3 travelogues
- Saint Charles Intro, 53 reviews, 108 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gatlinburg Intro, 28 reviews, 120 photos, 3 travelogues
- Puerto Vallarta Intro, 57 reviews, 86 photos
- Paris Intro, 20 reviews, 72 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bucharest Intro, 25 reviews, 64 photos
- The Bahamas Intro, 21 reviews, 52 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination U. S. Virgin Islands Intro, 28 reviews, 45 photos
- Slovakia Intro, 15 reviews, 51 photos
Latest Puerto Vallarta hotel reviews
- Tropicana Hotel
- 313 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 11, 2013
- The Abbey Hotel
- 170 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 2, 2013
- Suites Marelena
- 1 Review & Opinion
Latest: Nov 7, 2002
- Costa Club Punta Arena Puerto Vallarta
- 195 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 8, 2013
- Ambassador Suites
- 11 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Feb 13, 2007
- Casa Anita Y Corona Del Mar
- 214 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 2, 2013
- Azteca Hotel
- 18 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 19, 2013
- Casa Iguana Hotel
- 190 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 25, 2013
- Hacienda Hotel & Spa
- 319 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 14, 2013
- Villa Mercedes
- 12 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 25, 2013
- Raintrees Villa Vera Puerto Vallarta
- 47 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 31, 2013
- Comfort Inn Puerto Vallarta
- 12 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 12, 2013
- Mar Sereno Hotel And Suites
- 15 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 30, 2012
- Hacienda De Vallarta
- 4 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 2, 2013
- Malecon- 19 Reviews, 40 Photos
- Old Town- 16 Reviews, 22 Photos
- Boat Cruises- 30 Reviews, 41 Photos
- Downtown- 18 Reviews, 14 Photos
- El Eden- 5 Reviews, 7 Photos
- Canopy Tour- 5 Reviews, 9 Photos
- Night of the Iguana- 3 Reviews, 7 Photos
- Swim with Dolphins- 3 Reviews, 11 Photos
- Los Arcos- 2 Reviews, 4 Photos
- Bucerias- 2 Reviews, 3 Photos
See All Puerto Vallarta Things to Do