"Smoky Mountains" Top 5 Page for this destination Gatlinburg by monica71

Gatlinburg Travel Guide: 389 reviews and 653 photos

I always wanted to spend few days in the Smoky Mountains, but for some reason I never found the time to do it until this year. I wanted a nice and relaxing vacation that was not going to cost an arm and a leg since we also went to Costa Rica in January and we also purchased a Puerto Vallarta vacation for September. Smoky Mountains came in very handy and exactly in the price range we wanted.

I had to do a little bit of research before deciding what area of the Smoky Mountains we should go to since we decided to drive there and to take Sammy with us instead of leaving him home with the pet sitter. Gatlinburg area came on top of my list: it was relatively close to Chicago (it still took us 10 hours on the road to get there, though!) and it offered lots of attractions. Everybody I talk to recommended this charming town and we decided to give it a try.

I felt in love with the area almost as soon as we got there. Gatlinburg was indeed the perfect mountain resort destination due to its location so close to the entrance of Great Smoky Mountains National Park. The town has a lot to offer, but it also has its share of touristy flavor. We choose to spend most of our time exploring the area rather than the town, and we managed to do a lot during the few days we spent there.

We definitely plan to go back to the Smoky Mountains in the near future.

• Pros:perfect mountain vacation spot
  • Cons:touristy and crowded at times
  • In a nutshell:perfect place for a nice and relaxing vacation in the mountains
  • Last visit to Gatlinburg: Jun 2009
  • Intro Updated Oct 8, 2009

Comments

monica71

“"I still find each day too short for all the things I want to do"”

Badges & Stats in Gatlinburg

Have you been to Gatlinburg?

Latest Activity in Gatlinburg