"Smoky Mountains" Top 5 Page for this destination Gatlinburg by monica71
Gatlinburg Travel Guide: 394 reviews and 662 photos
I always wanted to spend few days in the Smoky Mountains, but for some reason I never found the time to do it until this year. I wanted a nice and relaxing vacation that was not going to cost an arm and a leg since we also went to Costa Rica in January and we also purchased a Puerto Vallarta vacation for September. Smoky Mountains came in very handy and exactly in the price range we wanted.
I had to do a little bit of research before deciding what area of the Smoky Mountains we should go to since we decided to drive there and to take Sammy with us instead of leaving him home with the pet sitter. Gatlinburg area came on top of my list: it was relatively close to Chicago (it still took us 10 hours on the road to get there, though!) and it offered lots of attractions. Everybody I talk to recommended this charming town and we decided to give it a try.
I felt in love with the area almost as soon as we got there. Gatlinburg was indeed the perfect mountain resort destination due to its location so close to the entrance of Great Smoky Mountains National Park. The town has a lot to offer, but it also has its share of touristy flavor. We choose to spend most of our time exploring the area rather than the town, and we managed to do a lot during the few days we spent there.
We definitely plan to go back to the Smoky Mountains in the near future.
- Pros:perfect mountain vacation spot
- Cons:touristy and crowded at times
- In a nutshell:perfect place for a nice and relaxing vacation in the mountains
"Log Cabin Pancake House" is the only place in town we ate at since we spent most of our time exploring the national... more travel advice
This is a very nice cave to visit while vacationing in the Gatlinburg area. The cave is located in Sevierville, a short... more travel advice
monica71's Related Pages
Gatlinburg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Gatlinburg: Gateway to the Great Smoky Mountains"
- "Favorite Vacation Destination"
- "Eva's Gatlinburg Page"
- "Smoky Mountains"
- "Action packed & adventurous town in the Southeast"
- "BurrGump's Great Smoky Mountain Vacation"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Gatlinburg
- Hotels in Gatlinburg
- Transportation in Gatlinburg
- Nightlife in Gatlinburg
- Restaurants in Gatlinburg
- Shopping in Gatlinburg
- Warnings and Dangers in Gatlinburg
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Gatlinburg
- 28 Reviews
- 120 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Gatlinburg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Gatlinburg
Photos in GatlinburgSee All Photos (120)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Costa Rica Intro, 71 reviews, 285 photos, 7 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 83 reviews, 245 photos, 3 travelogues
- Saint Charles Intro, 53 reviews, 108 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gatlinburg Intro, 28 reviews, 120 photos, 3 travelogues
- Puerto Vallarta Intro, 57 reviews, 86 photos
- Paris Intro, 20 reviews, 72 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bucharest Intro, 25 reviews, 64 photos
- The Bahamas Intro, 21 reviews, 52 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination U. S. Virgin Islands Intro, 28 reviews, 45 photos
- Slovakia Intro, 15 reviews, 51 photos