Las Vegas Hotel Tips by monica71
Las Vegas Hotels: 495,507 reviews and 2,200 photos
Bally's view from across the street
We have stayed at Ballys from May 24 to May 30, 2006. This is a great hotel for a budget traveler. If you are looking for a great location, good prices, clean rooms and friendly people then this is the place for you. The cab from the airport was $12, so there is no need to rent a car if you want to stay only in Vegas. We stayed in room 5929 and we had a great view of the Paris hotel pool, the strip and the Bellagio fountains. The hotel has a very nice pool also, we spent some time there with a cold drink in our hands.
Getting to Paris from Ballys is very easy. You just have to go through the tunnel, the 2 hotels are connected. The dealers in the casino are very friendly and the hotel staff is very nice, friendly and courteous.
Next time we visit Las Vegas we will consider staying here again for sure. If luxury is what you are looking for, then stay at Caesars Palace, but if you want a decent, clean room with a great location and a great price, then stay at Ballys. I would recommend this hotel to everybody. It is a very nice option for the money you pay!
Unique Qualities: great location on the strip, nice size rooms & bathrooms
Address: 3645 Las Vegas Blvd S, Las Vegas, NV 89109
Price Comparison: about average
Partial Strip view from our room
We stayed at the Mirage in July 2008, during the long weekend. Our stay was just amazing! We wanted to stay at a place with a nice pool and in the middle of the Strip. Mirage was perfect for that! The hotel is old, but it went through an extensive renovation (the Volcano in front of the hotel is still under renovation) that shows all over the place! The rooms are very clean (our room was a little bit smaller than the one at Bally's) and the beds are very comfortable. We stayed in the South Tower, room 11012. We had a nice view of the pool and a little bit of Strip view. The bathroom was on the small side, but very clean and more than enough for us. Everything is very tastefully decorated (room, bathroom, lobby, restaurants). The hotel staff is very friendly and I felt pampered during our stay here.
We spent a lot of time at the pool (amazing pool!) and we went to see "Love" one evening. It was very convenient since July in Vegas is hot. We did not have to go too far to see the show and this was perfect for me!
There are plenty of restaurants in the hotel and we enjoyed a lot the Paradise Restaurant, just by the pool. They have great food and the location is perfect. You can get a quick bite and go back to the pool in no time at all!
Unique Qualities: the pool!!!
Address: 3400 Las Vegas Blvd S, Las Vegas, NV 89109
Price Comparison: about average
More Reviews (5)
monica71's Related Pages
Las Vegas Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Las Vegas - Always Updating!"
- "What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas!"
- "A tourists view of Las Vegas"
- "Vegas - City with a sleeping disorder"
- "las vegas"
- "Viva Las Vegas"
- "Las Vegas: An Escape From Reality"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Las Vegas
- Hotels in Las Vegas
- Transportation in Las Vegas
- Nightlife in Las Vegas
- Restaurants in Las Vegas
- Shopping in Las Vegas
- Warnings and Dangers in Las Vegas
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Las Vegas
- 7 Reviews
- 25 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Las Vegas?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Las Vegas
Photos in Las VegasSee All Photos (25)
Read real reviews about Las Vegas Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Costa Rica Intro, 71 reviews, 285 photos, 7 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 83 reviews, 245 photos, 3 travelogues
- Saint Charles Intro, 53 reviews, 108 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gatlinburg Intro, 28 reviews, 120 photos, 3 travelogues
- Puerto Vallarta Intro, 57 reviews, 86 photos
- Paris Intro, 20 reviews, 72 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bucharest Intro, 25 reviews, 64 photos
- The Bahamas Intro, 21 reviews, 52 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination U. S. Virgin Islands Intro, 28 reviews, 45 photos
- Slovakia Intro, 15 reviews, 51 photos
- Fremont Street Experience- 132 Reviews, 243 Photos
- Treasure Island Hotel - Casino- 65 Reviews, 119 Photos
- Mirage- 122 Reviews, 204 Photos
- Lake Mead and Hoover Dam- 92 Reviews, 249 Photos
- Luxor- 78 Reviews, 140 Photos
- Bellagio Fountains- 139 Reviews, 272 Photos
- Grand Canyon- 70 Reviews, 137 Photos
- Paris Hotel - Casino- 80 Reviews, 173 Photos
- The Venetian Hotel & Casino- 125 Reviews, 271 Photos
- The Strip- 96 Reviews, 196 Photos
See All Las Vegas Things to Do