"The city that never sleeps" Las Vegas by monica71
Las Vegas Travel Guide: 8,564 reviews and 17,703 photos
I just love Las Vegas! It is a place where I always go to relax and unwind even though I am not a gambler. The most I gambled on a trip was $25 :)
Most people think of Las Vegas as being cheesy, but this town has something that appeals to every taste.
I have been to Las Vegas several times and I can never get bored of this city. The best part of going there often is that you do not have to walk the trip from North to South again, you get to be picky and choose your favorites.
Las Vegas is surrounded by the Spring Mountains varying in color from pink to rust to gray. Much of the landscape around the city is rocky and dusty, but within the city there are a great deal of lawns, trees, and other greenery.
My first trip to Las Vegas was in 2001. I was here for few days only, at a convention, so I really did not have too much time to explore the city. The time I had, however, made me want to come back and explore more!
The 2nd and 3rd trips were in 2005 and 2006. They were both amazing ones and it is hard to pick up a favorite. During these 2 trips, I had the chance to explore Las Vegas in more detail and even start a "favorite things to do list".
My recent trip to Vegas was just amazing! We were there from July 2nd, 2008 to July 6th, 2008. The weather was hot, but not humid. I did not do too much, except spend lots of time at the pool, relax and go to a show. Vegas was fun, full of life and energy, maybe even more than usual since it was a long weekend and there were a lot of people in town. The crowds were big, but it did not feel like a crowded city. I had such a nice and relaxing time and I was so sorry when I had to check out and get ready to come back home, leaving behing the pampered life and treatment I have experienced during my stay...
Did I have enough of Las Vegas? Of course not! I know that I will go back for sure at one point. It is one of the places where you never get bored and no matter how much you see of it, there is always something new to do since the city is still growing!
We stayed at the Mirage in July 2008, during the long weekend. Our stay was just amazing! We wanted to stay at a place... more travel advice
If you are a chocolate lover, you have to plan a stop at M&M's World. I was not sure what to expect prior to going... more travel advice
monica71's Related Pages
Las Vegas Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Las Vegas - Always Updating!"
- "What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas!"
- "A tourists view of Las Vegas"
- "Vegas - City with a sleeping disorder"
- "las vegas"
- "Viva Las Vegas"
- "Las Vegas: An Escape From Reality"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Las Vegas
- Hotels in Las Vegas
- Transportation in Las Vegas
- Nightlife in Las Vegas
- Restaurants in Las Vegas
- Shopping in Las Vegas
- Warnings and Dangers in Las Vegas
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Las Vegas
- 7 Reviews
- 25 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Las Vegas?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Las Vegas
Photos in Las VegasSee All Photos (25)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Costa Rica Intro, 71 reviews, 285 photos, 7 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 83 reviews, 245 photos, 3 travelogues
- Saint Charles Intro, 53 reviews, 108 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gatlinburg Intro, 28 reviews, 120 photos, 3 travelogues
- Puerto Vallarta Intro, 57 reviews, 86 photos
- Paris Intro, 20 reviews, 72 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bucharest Intro, 25 reviews, 64 photos
- The Bahamas Intro, 21 reviews, 52 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination U. S. Virgin Islands Intro, 28 reviews, 45 photos
- Slovakia Intro, 15 reviews, 51 photos