Saint Charles Favorite Tips by monica71
Saint Charles Favorites: 6 reviews and 9 photos
Favorite thing: If you like standup comedy, make sure you stop by Zanies Comedy Club, inside Pheasant Run Resort.
I have to admit I did not check them out yet, but I plan on going there soon.
Check out their web site for more information: http://www.stcharles.zanies.com/index.php
Favorite thing: Pheasant Run Resort is also the house of an indoor replica of Bourbon Street, so if you want a sample of New Orleans, make sure you stop by . You can find shops that please even the most picky shopper! There is live music and entertainment all year round.
Fondest memory: lively atmosphere and delicious ice cream from "Ben & Jerry's Scoop Shop"
In the dog park with Sammy
Favorite thing: St Charles has a very nice dog park by Fox River. The park is located at the intersection of Lake St/Rt 31 with Red Gate Rd. The dogs can run loose in the park and they can also go for a swim in the river. There are lots of friendly dogs here during the weekend, so your best friend will have a blast meeting other dogs, running loose and playing with them. Plus, this is a fun experience for the owners also, since you get to meet people and chat while the dogs are playing.
Fox River from the bridge, downtown St Charles
Favorite thing: Taking a walk along Fox Valley River is a great way to explore the area and the city! There are paths you can follow and they all reward you with a really nice view of the area. Give it a try on a nice sunny day and you will not be sorry!
My latest walk was on a chili day in April, so it was short. I intended to start downtown and go down the river, through the forest. It was chili and sunny when I started the walk, but pretty fast the weather changed, the wind started to blow hard and clouds were rolling in. It soon started to snow, so I decided to end my walk and go back home.
Going to get the X-Mas Tree...
Favorite thing: There are several X-Mas trees farms around the area where you can go to and cut your own Christmas Tree to bring home. You usually pay around $40 for the tree (regardless of its size), so it is a bargain and it is also a fun way to spend few hours on a Saturday or a Sunday in December.
We go to Spring Bluff Nursery every year to get our own tree. They provide the saw to cut the tree you choose and they give you hay rides to the area where the trees are located. After you cut your tree, they load the tree up and you go on a nice hay ride again to find your car and to pay for the tree. They put the tree in nice bags, so you do not scratch your car and they also help you tie it up, so you can make sure it does not fall on the way back home.
Here is a link with Christmas Tree Farms in the Chicago area, organized by counties:
Favorite thing: If the weather is not nice and your kids are bored, maybe it is time to take them to Charlestowne Mall where there is a play area inside the mall especially for kids. It is a nice place to hang around even on nice days. The play area is located on the ground floor, but there is also a carousel in the food court area that is a lot of fun for kids too!
More Reviews (47)
- See All Sports Equipment and Patio Furniture
- See All St Charles Public Library
- See All If you are into physics...
- See All Stop by for a nice play
- Dress in Layers!
- Antiques Shopping
- See All Where is the world are the parking...
- See All Fox River Fishing
- So what's going on in St Charles?
- See All Traveling Around St Charles
- See All Nice terrace by the Fox River
- See All Luxury hotel with great Spa
monica71's Related Pages
Saint Charles Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "St Charles in a nutshell..."
- ""Pride of the Fox""
- "Off the beaten path..."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Saint Charles
- Hotels in Saint Charles
- Transportation in Saint Charles
- Nightlife in Saint Charles
- Restaurants in Saint Charles
- Shopping in Saint Charles
- Warnings and Dangers in Saint Charles
- See All...
Explore the World
- Armação de Pêra
- Boralesgamuwa Hotels
- Panamá City Hotels
- Stone Mountain Hotels
- Ormond Beach Hotels
- Nettles Island Hotels
Badges & Stats in Saint Charles
- 53 Reviews
- 108 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Saint Charles?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Saint Charles
Photos in Saint CharlesSee All Photos (108)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Costa Rica Intro, 71 reviews, 285 photos, 7 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 83 reviews, 245 photos, 3 travelogues
- Saint Charles Intro, 53 reviews, 108 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gatlinburg Intro, 28 reviews, 120 photos, 3 travelogues
- Puerto Vallarta Intro, 57 reviews, 86 photos
- Paris Intro, 20 reviews, 72 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bucharest Intro, 25 reviews, 64 photos
- The Bahamas Intro, 21 reviews, 52 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination U. S. Virgin Islands Intro, 28 reviews, 45 photos
- Slovakia Intro, 15 reviews, 51 photos
Latest Saint Charles hotel reviews