"The Beautiful Bahamas" The Bahamas by monica71
The Bahamas Travel Guide: 2,046 reviews and 4,638 photos
I have to admit I never expected to love The Bahamas so much! We went to Freeport for 5 nights and I fell in love with the island. For me Grand Bahamas Island offers the laid back life style and serenity I read so many times about but never really felt it until I visited Freeport.
It was one of those times when going back home felt bad. I really wanted to extend my stay and explore the island.
I was really tired and I needed a break from my daily routine. The trip to Grand Bahamas came in at the perfect time and with the perfect price. So we went and enjoyed every moment we spent on the island.
I wanted to explore the island and see as much as I could, but I ended up just relaxing by the pool, spending few hours at the Marketplace and taking long walks on the beach every morning and every evening.
I definitely want to go back and really see what this island has to offer. From what I could see, it was perfect!
- Pros:very friendly and happy people; wonderful weather
- Cons:it can be expensive if you do not book a vacation package
Lucaya Marketplace is a nice and fun place to go to and have some fun shopping for local crafts. The Straw Market is fun... more travel advice
We had lunch here one day and we really enjoyed it. The service was very friendly and fast, the food was tasty and the... more travel advice
Written Feb 4, 2012
Enjoying the Sun and the Beach
Written Feb 12, 2012
Our Lucaya Radisson Hotel
monica71's Related Pages
The Bahamas Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Island Time"
- "Freeport & Lucaya, Grand Bahama Island"
- "Cruise Trip to the Bahama Island"
- "Grand Bahama Island"
- "The Bahamas - When you think of Paradise"
- "The Bahamas"
- See All...
- Things to Do in The Bahamas
- Hotels in The Bahamas
- Transportation in The Bahamas
- Nightlife in The Bahamas
- Restaurants in The Bahamas
- Shopping in The Bahamas
- Warnings and Dangers in The Bahamas
- See All...
Badges & Stats in The Bahamas
- 21 Reviews
- 52 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to The Bahamas?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in The Bahamas
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Costa Rica Intro, 71 reviews, 285 photos, 7 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 83 reviews, 245 photos, 3 travelogues
- Saint Charles Intro, 53 reviews, 108 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gatlinburg Intro, 28 reviews, 120 photos, 3 travelogues
- Puerto Vallarta Intro, 57 reviews, 86 photos
- Paris Intro, 20 reviews, 72 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bucharest Intro, 25 reviews, 64 photos
- The Bahamas Intro, 21 reviews, 52 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination U. S. Virgin Islands Intro, 28 reviews, 45 photos
- Slovakia Intro, 15 reviews, 51 photos