Sinaia Packing List Tips by monica71 Top 5 Page for this destination
Sinaia What to Pack: 2 reviews and 0 photos
Luggage and bags: convertible duffel bag or backpack that you can easily carry. take just the basic things/clothes with you. Sinaia is a mountain resort and you really do not need fancy clothes here if you plan on hiking and just seeing the main sites of the city.
Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: good comfortable hiking shoes; get a pair of canvas shoes as a backup. I always like to have a good pair of hiking boots and a pair of sneakers or canvas shoes just in case I need to wear something lighter or if the hiking boots get wet/dirty.
If you visit during summer, make sure you have a baseball hat with you to protect your head from the sun. Have a light sweater with you just in case if you visit during summer. It gets chilly in the evening especially if you are caught at high altitude.
If you go there during winter, make sure you have a jacket that is windproof and warm. Don't forget your hat, gloves and scarf. Winter boots are a must! Make sure they are warm and comfortable.
Toiletries and Medical Supplies: you can get all you need from Sinaia. Just make sure you have them with you if you go hiking and if you plan to sleep at one of the cabins up there. It will not be fun to have to go back to Sinaia just to get some deodorant, a band aid or sunscreen lotion, so make sure you have these in your bag.
Photo Equipment: polarized lenses/filters are good to have especially if you take pictures during the day. Take lots of film, batteries and large memory card (if you use a digital camera) as they are expensive to buy. If you are up in the mountains, you may end up going to town to buy what you need.
Miscellaneous: Buy a map of the area once you arrive in Sinaia, especially if you plan on doing some hiking on your own. The trails are well marked, but a map will also help you not to get lost and to stay on track. If you go hiking, make sure you carry a bottle with water. You will get very thirsty once you start hiking, especially if it is hot outside.
DON'T FORGET YOUR SUNSCREEN. YOU CAN NOT BELIEVE HOW EASILY YOU CAN GET SUNBURNS UP IN THE MOUNTAIN OR EVEN IN THE CITY!
More Reviews (19)
monica71's Related Pages
Sinaia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sinaia, the first town I have visited..."
- "SINAIA - THE PEARL OF THE CARPATHIANS"
- "Sinaia a pearl of Carpathian Mountains"
- "Sinaia - the beautiful mountain resort"
- "Royal Place"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sinaia
- Hotels in Sinaia
- Transportation in Sinaia
- Nightlife in Sinaia
- Restaurants in Sinaia
- Shopping in Sinaia
- Warnings and Dangers in Sinaia
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Sinaia
- 20 Reviews
- 20 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Sinaia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sinaia
Photos in SinaiaSee All Photos (20)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Costa Rica Intro, 71 reviews, 285 photos, 7 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 83 reviews, 245 photos, 3 travelogues
- Saint Charles Intro, 53 reviews, 108 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gatlinburg Intro, 28 reviews, 120 photos, 3 travelogues
- Puerto Vallarta Intro, 57 reviews, 86 photos
- Paris Intro, 20 reviews, 72 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bucharest Intro, 25 reviews, 64 photos
- The Bahamas Intro, 21 reviews, 52 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination U. S. Virgin Islands Intro, 28 reviews, 45 photos
- Slovakia Intro, 15 reviews, 51 photos
Latest Sinaia hotel reviews
- Hotel Sinaia
- 32 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 6, 2013
- 9 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Feb 22, 2013
- 30 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 19, 2013
- New Montana
- 47 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 13, 2013
- Hotel Mara Sinaia
- 10 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 18, 2012
- 36 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 7, 2013
- Vila Camelia
- 33 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Feb 22, 2013
- 12 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 15, 2012