Amsterdam Shopping Tips by monica71
Amsterdam Shopping: 434 reviews and 648 photos
There are plenty of souvenirs you can buy from all over town. They are cheap, nothing special, but they may be perfect for the family members and friends.
I always wanted to own an authentic Delftware piece, tin glazed. I decided to buy a tulip vase from one of the shops in the city that sells authentic pieces.
They had a lot of other nice things, but they were pricey. If you want the real deal, be prepared to pay for it.
My tulip vase is relatively small, round and it holds 7 tulips. I paid 280 Euros for it. It was the only souvenir that I really wanted to get from Amsterdam and I am very glad I had the chance to get it. It looks beautiful on the table!
What to buy: authentic Delftware pieces
What to pay: the cheapest piece starts at about $50 Euros and the prices go up to more than 2000 Euros. you can also buy a small Christmas ornament for about $40 Euros, but I decided to pass on it and stick to the tulip vase purchase only.
Theme: Local Craft
More Reviews (10)
monica71's Related Pages
Amsterdam Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "MY BIRTHPLACE"
- "God made the Dutch, but the Dutch made Holland"
- "Amsterdam - I love it!"
- "Amsterdam, is it real?"
- "Amsterdam, where the Dutch money is spend"
- "Amsterdam! The most liberal city in the World"
- "Dutch Arts and History."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Amsterdam
- Hotels in Amsterdam
- Transportation in Amsterdam
- Nightlife in Amsterdam
- Restaurants in Amsterdam
- Shopping in Amsterdam
- Warnings and Dangers in Amsterdam
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Amsterdam
- 12 Reviews
- 43 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Amsterdam?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Amsterdam
Photos in AmsterdamSee All Photos (43)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Costa Rica Intro, 71 reviews, 285 photos, 7 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 83 reviews, 245 photos, 3 travelogues
- Saint Charles Intro, 53 reviews, 108 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gatlinburg Intro, 28 reviews, 120 photos, 3 travelogues
- Puerto Vallarta Intro, 57 reviews, 86 photos
- Paris Intro, 20 reviews, 72 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bucharest Intro, 25 reviews, 64 photos
- The Bahamas Intro, 21 reviews, 52 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination U. S. Virgin Islands Intro, 28 reviews, 45 photos
- Slovakia Intro, 15 reviews, 51 photos
- Red Light District - De Wallen- 148 Reviews, 172 Photos
- Anne Frank House- 241 Reviews, 253 Photos
- Canal Boat Tours- 197 Reviews, 321 Photos
- Sex Museum- 49 Reviews, 59 Photos
- Dam Square- 91 Reviews, 168 Photos
- Rijksmuseum- 214 Reviews, 361 Photos
- Van Gogh Museum- 168 Reviews, 178 Photos
- Coffee(Cannabis)shops- 125 Reviews, 136 Photos
- Heineken Brewery- 98 Reviews, 139 Photos
- Flower Market - Bloemenmarkt- 69 Reviews, 106 Photos
See All Amsterdam Things to Do