Amsterdam Hotel Tips by monica71
Amsterdam Hotels: 104,845 reviews and 1,165 photos
I am so glad we found this unique hotel with such a charm! We booked it directly from the hotel web site as the price offered was much better than on other sites we usually use for booking hotels. The location was perfect and the price was right. The staff was very friendly and they gladly recommended trips and things to do/see when we asked. They can also book tours for you on request, free of charge.
You will get a map of the city when you check in and that will come in very handy during your stay. Everything is within walking distance from the hotel. We never had to use public transportation within the city center. We walked a lot and we saw a lot! Comfortable walking shoes are a must for sure!!!
We stayed for 4 nights (March 14 to March 17, 2012) in room 109 B. There was no noise at all as the windows were facing the courtyard. The view was not important to us. We just needed a clean and quiet room to sleep in at night and this hotel delivered! We left the hotel every day around 9am and returned after 9pm to a quiet, clean and cozy room. The room size was adequate for us (for a room this size you can easily pay double in Paris, for example) and if you do not have a lot of luggage (more than 2 suitcases and 2 backpacks), storage space would not be an issue. The bathroom size was also decent (no bath tub, only shower - again, not a problem for us at all).
The computer by the reception desk was always available and free to use if you needed to check emails, book trips, etc. Internet connection in the room was available for a fee. Same applies for watching TV. We did not feel the need to watch TV as we were tired after exploring the city every day. We just used the computer downstairs for checking emails and the weather :)
Breakfast was also good, offered from 7am to 10am. You can't compare it with the American style breakfast, but the variety offered was enough for us (hard boiled eggs, ham, salami, cheese, jelly, butter, 2 types of cereal, 4 types of bread, orange juice, milk, coffee and tea).
The hotel is non-smoking (a plus for us since people in Amsterdam smoke a lot and the canabis smell on the streets is strong at times) and they ask guests to keep quiet and do not party in the rooms. We liked this a lot and we appreciated the fresh smell and the quiet atmosphere that we encountered at the end of each long sightseeing day.
If we go to Amsterdam again we will definitely stay here. If you want luxury, look elsewhere. If you want a clean, quiet room within walking distance to every attraction in the city center, then put this hotel on your list.
Address: Prins Hendrikkade 23, (formerly Schirmann Hotel), Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, 1012 TM, The Netherlands
Comparison: about average
Directions: Exit Central Station, look for the Victoria hotel building and walk towards it. Pass this hotel and keep walking for 2 more minutes before reaching A-Train Hotel.
More Reviews (11)
monica71's Related Pages
Amsterdam Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "MY BIRTHPLACE"
- "God made the Dutch, but the Dutch made Holland"
- "Amsterdam - I love it!"
- "Amsterdam, is it real?"
- "Amsterdam, where the Dutch money is spend"
- "Amsterdam! The most liberal city in the World"
- "Dutch Arts and History."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Amsterdam
- Hotels in Amsterdam
- Transportation in Amsterdam
- Nightlife in Amsterdam
- Restaurants in Amsterdam
- Shopping in Amsterdam
- Warnings and Dangers in Amsterdam
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Amsterdam
- 12 Reviews
- 43 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Amsterdam?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Amsterdam
Photos in AmsterdamSee All Photos (43)
Read real reviews about Amsterdam Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Costa Rica Intro, 71 reviews, 285 photos, 7 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 83 reviews, 245 photos, 3 travelogues
- Saint Charles Intro, 53 reviews, 108 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gatlinburg Intro, 28 reviews, 120 photos, 3 travelogues
- Puerto Vallarta Intro, 57 reviews, 86 photos
- Paris Intro, 20 reviews, 72 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bucharest Intro, 25 reviews, 64 photos
- The Bahamas Intro, 21 reviews, 52 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination U. S. Virgin Islands Intro, 28 reviews, 45 photos
- Slovakia Intro, 15 reviews, 51 photos
- Red Light District - De Wallen- 144 Reviews, 163 Photos
- Anne Frank House- 241 Reviews, 252 Photos
- Canal Boat Tours- 189 Reviews, 307 Photos
- Sex Museum- 49 Reviews, 59 Photos
- Coffee Shops- 123 Reviews, 132 Photos
- Rijksmuseum- 210 Reviews, 350 Photos
- Heineken Brewery- 98 Reviews, 139 Photos
- Flower Market - Bloemenmarkt- 66 Reviews, 102 Photos
- Van Gogh Museum- 166 Reviews, 176 Photos
- Dam Square- 89 Reviews, 164 Photos
See All Amsterdam Things to Do