"A city of mosques but also much more..." Top 5 Page for this destination Kairouan by Douya
Kairouan Travel Guide: 132 reviews and 457 photos
"Tunisia's oldest and holiest arabic city".
Too fast a shortcut for a city which hides so many treasures.
A maze for medina, hiding minaret, wooden doors, children playing football in narrow alleys, and a surprise after each corner
A city where life goes by, at its own rythm, punctuated by the five daily calls for prayer, the market shopping, the chicha and cafe at the terrace, the discussion with parents and relatives under the sun...
- In a nutshell:A city full of character, than need to be discovered by taking time
Behind the walls close to the Oqba mosque (or great mosque) lays an ancient cemetery full of white graves. more travel advice
Lot of weavers work in small workshops in the medina. Glance at the open door, and discover men working on wool or coton... more travel advice
Douya's Related Pages
Kairouan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Tunisia's Religious Centre"
- "Kairouan, the Holy City"
- "A city of mosques but also much more..."
- "KAIROUAN-Sacred city"
- "Kairouan: the 4th Holiest Muslim City"
- "My favourite city, full of culture!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kairouan
- Hotels in Kairouan
- Transportation in Kairouan
- Nightlife in Kairouan
- Restaurants in Kairouan
- Shopping in Kairouan
- Warnings and Dangers in Kairouan
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kairouan
- 4 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Kairouan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kairouan
Photos in KairouanSee All Photos (7)
- Sidi Bou Said Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kairouan Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos
- Düsseldorf Intro, 2 reviews, 2 photos
No friends yet.
Latest Kairouan hotel reviews
- Hotel La Kasbah
- 73 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 23, 2013