"Algonquin Provincial Park" Algonquin Provincial Park by Babzz
Algonquin Provincial Park Travel Guide: 283 reviews and 392 photos
Algonquin is one of the biggest provincial parks in Canada (if not the biggest??). It is located aproximately 3 hours drive north of Toronto. Here you can enjoy a true camping experience in the relative comfort of a governed park. Moose are common in the park, and you will likely see a few. Canoe hire is available at entrance areas. We took our canoe out across the big Lake Opeongo, a portage, and marsh to a quiet, secluded smaller lake where we spent a couple of days before returning.
Alternatively, many people stay on the main lakes with their trailers or camping gear. Motorised boats are premitted on some of the large 'entrance' lakes, but (thankfully) not on the smaller, more isolated lakes.
- Pros:Beautiful landscapes; serenity; moose!
- Cons:Motorboats on the main lakes
- In a nutshell:A true camping experience at a beautiful park
Babzz's Related Pages
Algonquin Provincial Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Wow, Algonquin Provincial Park! So beautiful!"
- "An Algonquin Teamwork Blueprint"
- "Algonquin...A Paradise...for Moose"
- "True Canadian Adventure"
- "Away from the Freeway, and into Algonquin!"
- "Algonquin Provincial Park"
- "Algonquin park."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Algonquin Provincial Park
- Hotels in Algonquin Provincial Park
- Transportation in Algonquin Provincial Park
- Nightlife in Algonquin Provincial Park
- Restaurants in Algonquin Provincial Park
- Shopping in Algonquin Provincial Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Algonquin Provincial Park
- See All...
Explore the World
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- Quezon City Hotels
- Las Vegas Hotels
- Cagayan de Oro City Hotels
- Davao City Hotels
- Niagara Falls Hotels
- Laoag City Hotels
- Washington D.C. Hotels
- Davao Hotels
- Baclaran Hotels
- Paris Hotels
- Munnar Hotels
- Pengkalan Balak Hotels
- Goose Rocks Beach Hotels
- Pulau Mamutik Hotels
- Atlantic City Hotels
- Broad Ripple Hotels
- La Sal Junction Hotels
- Winnipeg Hotels
Badges & Stats in Algonquin Provincial Park
- 1 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Algonquin Provincial Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Algonquin Provincial Park
Photos in Algonquin Provincial ParkSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Winnipeg Intro, 29 reviews, 48 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Holguín Intro, 4 reviews, 40 photos, 4 travelogues
- Val Marie Intro, 9 reviews, 34 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oakville Intro, 34 reviews
- Port Rowan Intro, 4 reviews, 27 photos, 3 travelogues
- Parque Nacional Tikal Intro, 3 reviews, 23 photos, 4 travelogues
- Point Pelee Intro, 14 reviews, 12 photos
- Pelee Island Intro, 13 reviews, 12 photos
- Cypress Hills Provincial Park Intro, 9 reviews, 16 photos
- South Africa Intro, 1 review, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
Latest Algonquin Provincial Park hotel reviews
- Arowhon Pines
- 72 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 10, 2013
- Bartlett Lodge
- 75 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 20, 2013
- Adventure Lodge
- 84 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 27, 2013
- Algonquin Backpackers Hostel
- 12 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 24, 2013
- Mew Lake Campground
- 16 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 19, 2013
- Wolf Den Bunkhouse 'n Cabins
- 30 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 15, 2013