"Tomato Capital of Canada" Leamington by Babzz
Leamington Travel Guide: 18 reviews and 93 photos
Which is great if you're a ketchup fan! I was told that when they're processing the tomatoes, the whole town smells like them! Who knows. There was actually half an aisle in the grocery store dedicated to ketchup. I nearly took a picture. Now I wish I had so I could post it! Drat. The tourist booth is also shaped like a giant tomato.
Update: I've returned and photographed the tourist booth, which, by the way, never seems to be open when I visit...hmm...??
- Pros:Proximity to Point Pelee National Park, Pelee Winery, Pelee Island ferry, Menonite community and culture
- Cons:Not much to do, leery migrant workers
- In a nutshell:A convenient town to stay in if visiting Point Pelee or surroundings
I'm not sure how you'd miss these! We had some good laughs. In fact, I was so amused by the excessiveness of it that I... more travel advice
A new addition to the growing Southwestern Ontario wine region, Mastronardi Estate Winery sits on 100 acres of vineyards... more travel advice
Babzz's Related Pages
Leamington Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Leamington, Ontario"
- "Tomato Capital of Canada"
- "Leamington Marina was our first stop for the day."
- "There always needs to be a Pointe."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Leamington
- Hotels in Leamington
- Transportation in Leamington
- Restaurants in Leamington
- Warnings and Dangers in Leamington
- See All...
Explore the World
- Patricks Point State Park Hotels
- San Juan
- Fair Hill
- Republic of Montenegro
- Upper Heyford Hotels
- Laurel Beach Hotels
- Parish of Saint Catherine Hotels
- Lincoln Hotels
- Spanish Harbor Keys Hotels
- San Luis Obispo
Badges & Stats in Leamington
- 12 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Leamington?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Leamington
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Winnipeg Intro, 29 reviews, 48 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Holguín Intro, 4 reviews, 40 photos, 4 travelogues
- Val Marie Intro, 9 reviews, 34 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oakville Intro, 34 reviews
- Port Rowan Intro, 4 reviews, 27 photos, 3 travelogues
- Parque Nacional Tikal Intro, 3 reviews, 23 photos, 4 travelogues
- Point Pelee Intro, 14 reviews, 12 photos
- Pelee Island Intro, 13 reviews, 12 photos
- Cypress Hills Provincial Park Intro, 9 reviews, 16 photos
- South Africa Intro, 1 review, 23 photos, 2 travelogues