"What's New?" Babzz's Profile
Well I went from traffic in the GTA to traffic in Calgary, not sure which is worse??
I've technically been travelling since childhood. My first trip was to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, U.S.A. with my family in the mid-eighties. Afterwards we went to Czechoslovakia in 1989 to visit my relatives, whom I was meeting for the first time. There were subsequent trips to Europe and a Caribbean cruise, but I was a teenager during these vacations, and didn't really care much about anything outside of what my friends were doing, where the next party was, what the newest fashions were!
I developed a serious interest in travelling, a.k.a "The Travel Bug," during the 6 months that I spent in Europe in 2004 studying abroad for a university semester. My exchange program landed me at Keele University in England, but in my free time I also travelled a bit around continental Europe. The day I returned home, I cried because I didn't want it to stop.
Since my return from Europe, I have had an incessant urge to go away. Short trips have satiated my thirst temporarily, but ideally I would like to live abroad or find a job that allows/necessitates me to travel.
Alberta 2013 (relocation)
Winnipeg Aug 2012
Future Travel Plans/Ideas:
Probably keeping it "local" for the next couple years - exploring Alberta/BC
Toronto Christmas 2013
Caribbean Feb 2014
Nova Scotia July 2015
Texas 2016 for a conference, tentatively
It's sad to think I don't have enough years in my life to read all the books I would like to!
Currently reading: "Game of Thrones" series by George R. R. Martin.
On my waiting list: "The Life of Trees" by Peter Thomas; "The Origin of Species" by Charles Darwin (off and on, someday I'll get through it!!)
Just finished: Can't remember ..... been on the series for a while, currently reading book 3.
~Gilbert K. Chesterton
~Dr. Seuss (Theodor Seuss Geisel)
When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "happy".
They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.
~Neale Donald Walsch
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 370 Reviews
- 727 Photos
- 16 Countries
- 84 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
- Commented on Babzz's profile page
updated their Profile Page "What's New?"
- updated a Province of Saskatchewan Travel Page "Saskatchewan: The Misunderstood Province"
- Babzz and guybert are now friends.
- Uploaded a Photo to "What's New?"
- Wrote a Review Brevard Zoo in Melbourne Things to Do
- Posted in Travel Australia Forum "Re: Itinerary help!"
- Uploaded a Video to Kruger National Park
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Winnipeg Intro, 29 reviews, 48 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Holguín Intro, 4 reviews, 40 photos, 4 travelogues
- Val Marie Intro, 9 reviews, 34 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oakville Intro, 34 reviews
- Port Rowan Intro, 4 reviews, 27 photos, 3 travelogues
- Parque Nacional Tikal Intro, 3 reviews, 23 photos, 4 travelogues
- Point Pelee Intro, 14 reviews, 12 photos
- Pelee Island Intro, 13 reviews, 12 photos
- Cypress Hills Provincial Park Intro, 9 reviews, 16 photos
- South Africa Intro, 1 review, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Hotels
- 22461 Reviews - 54973 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2701 Reviews - 7925 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23317 Reviews - 48909 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15643 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Prampram Hotels
- See nearby hotels
- Manila Hotels
- 2025 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3092 Reviews - 5855 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 780 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12023 Reviews - 26760 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2058 Reviews - 3874 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22905 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7828 Reviews - 20233 Photos