"What's New?" Babzz's Profile
Bought a tent trailer this summer - woo!
I've technically been travelling since childhood. My first trip was to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, U.S.A. with my family in the mid-eighties. Afterwards we went to Czechoslovakia in 1989 to visit my relatives, whom I was meeting for the first time. There were subsequent trips to Europe and a Caribbean cruise, but I was a teenager during these vacations, and didn't really care much about anything outside of what my friends were doing, where the next party was, what the newest fashions were!
I developed a serious interest in travelling, a.k.a "The Travel Bug," during the 6 months that I spent in Europe in 2004 studying abroad. My exchange program landed me at Keele University in England, but in my free time I also travelled around continental Europe. The day I returned home, I cried because I didn't want it to stop.
Ten years and two kids later....I am fortunate to have a career that allows me to spend time hiking outdoors observing wildlife in beautiful wilderness - and getting paid for it! I also continue to travel locally with regularity, and on occasion internationally, dragging my protesting children along with me.
Waterton Lakes National Park July 2014
Kootenay National Park May 2014
Future Travel Plans/Ideas:
Writing-on-Stone Provincial Park, Elk Island National Park summer 2015
Okanagan, BC summer 2015
Nova Scotia July 2015
It's sad to think I don't have enough years in my life to read all the books I would like to!
Currently reading: "Gone Girl" by Gillian Flynn
On my waiting list: "A History of the World in Six Glasses" by Tom Standage; "The Life of Trees" by Peter Thomas; "The Origin of Species" by Charles Darwin (off and on, someday I'll get through it!!)
Just finished: "Game of Thrones" series by George R. R. Martin
~Gilbert K. Chesterton
~Dr. Seuss (Theodor Seuss Geisel)
When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "happy".
They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.
~Neale Donald Walsch
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 370 Reviews
- 727 Photos
- 16 Countries
- 84 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
updated their Personal Page "My Travels"
- Commented on Babzz's profile page
- updated a Province of Saskatchewan Travel Page "Saskatchewan: The Misunderstood Province"
- Babzz and guybert are now friends.
- Uploaded a Photo to "What's New?"
- Wrote a Review Brevard Zoo in Melbourne Things to Do
- Posted in Travel Australia Forum "Re: Itinerary help!"
- Uploaded a Video to Kruger National Park
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Winnipeg Intro, 29 reviews, 48 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Holguín Intro, 4 reviews, 40 photos, 4 travelogues
- Val Marie Intro, 9 reviews, 34 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oakville Intro, 34 reviews
- Port Rowan Intro, 4 reviews, 27 photos, 3 travelogues
- Parque Nacional Tikal Intro, 3 reviews, 23 photos, 4 travelogues
- Point Pelee Intro, 14 reviews, 12 photos
- Pelee Island Intro, 13 reviews, 12 photos
- Cypress Hills Provincial Park Intro, 9 reviews, 16 photos
- South Africa Intro, 1 review, 23 photos, 2 travelogues