"Kenmare: the best of Kerry" Kenmare by matras
Kenmare Travel Guide: 32 reviews and 93 photos
An easy 5 minute walk from the centre of town, the Stone Circle should not be missed.
When we went, our daughter Rebecca, not usually a superstitious person, refused to touch the rocks. An Irish relative had told her that it was very bad luck (she didn't yet appreciate his sense of humour!).
There's no better way to get a feel for the place than drop in to Florry Batt's bar (F.B O'Sullivan's) and have a couple of pints of Guinness. I doubt this bar has changed much since it opened over a hundred years ago!!
For magnificent scenery near Kenmare, take a short drive (8 miles) out of town on the Castletownbere road to Glen Inchaquin Park. You pay the property owner about 4 euros to take a walk up the hill (steep) to see a nice Glacier Lake and awesome views over lakes and Kenmare Bay.
- Pros:scenery, village life, bars (lots), nice & interesting locals
- In a nutshell:Kenmare - nice slice of Ireland
matras' Related Pages
Kenmare Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bonane Heritage Park"
- "Where the Bright Blue Sea meets Ireland's Green"
- "Kenmare: the best of Kerry"
- "Kenmare, Co. Kerry."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kenmare
- Hotels in Kenmare
- Transportation in Kenmare
- Nightlife in Kenmare
- Restaurants in Kenmare
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kenmare
- 1 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Kenmare?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kenmare
Top 10 Pages
- Dangar Island Intro, 1 review, 7 photos
- Rome Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Bretagne Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Erfurt Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Kenmare Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Stockholm Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
- Isle of Wight Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
- Rotorua Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
- Waikiki Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
- Rarotonga Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
No friends yet.