"Been There Done That....well, have you?" Dangar Island by matras
Dangar Island Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 7 photos
Most Sydneysiders don't even know it exists, yet it is less than an hour way by car or train, plus a short ferry ride. It's quirky, beautiful, peaceful and great for unwinding from the pace of city life.
The roads are made of grass and dirt. There are no cars, trucks or motor bikes, only the occasional golf cart and kids on pushies.
We read on a "reputable" web site that if we went on a Friday the bowlo would be open for a fish & chip lunch. Not the Friday we went! Be on the safe side, pack a picnic lunch and a cold bottle of Chardy and have lunch on the magnificent beach. It'll taste better than it would have at home!
- Pros:As Dale Kerrigan would say.... "It's the SERENITY!"
- Cons:The ferry back via Little Wobby (catch a direct one)
- In a nutshell:Dangar Island: so close but you'll feel a million miles away
matras' Related Pages
Dangar Island Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Been There Done That....well, have you?"
- "Dangar Island in The Hawkesbury River"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Dangar Island
- 1 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Dangar Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Dangar Island
Top 10 Pages
- Dangar Island Intro, 1 review, 7 photos
- Rome Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Bretagne Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Erfurt Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Kenmare Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Stockholm Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
- Rotorua Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
- Waikiki Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
- Rarotonga Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
- Isle of Wight Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
No friends yet.