"Pelabuhan Ratu" Pelabuhanratu by jungles
Pelabuhanratu Travel Guide: 79 reviews and 131 photos
Pelabuhan Ratu was originally a sleepy little fishing village on the coast of West Java. But since it's only a three hour drive from both Jakarta and Bandung, it is a popular getaway for city-dwellers and has now become a rather hectic holiday resort, though few foreign tourists venture here.
To be honest, I wouldn't go out of your way to get here as it's probably not worth it. The only reason we came was because we'd had several 15+ hour bone-shaking bus rides and just couldn't stomach another one quite yet, so since it was only three hours or so from where we were (Ujung Genteng - see tip on Indonesia page) we thought it would be a good place to break up the trip to Sumatra.
There's definitely still lots of fishing that goes on here, and there's a lively (and smelly) fish market and good seafood restaurants to prove it, but there's also been lots of development, and it wasn't as quiet and peaceful as our guidebook made it out to be.
- Pros:Good seafood, secluded beach coves, bats
- Cons:More noise and traffic than we expected, prices go up quite a bit on the weekends.
- In a nutshell:Worth a stop if you're in the area, but don't go out of your way for it.
Venture beyond the main beach in front of the town if you want some more privacy. Head to the right and there's a little... more travel advice
jungles' Related Pages
Pelabuhanratu Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- ">> mystic rhytm "
- "PELABUHAN RATU - West Java"
- "Pelabuhan Ratu - The Queen's Harbour"
- "Pelabuhan Ratu, West Java"
- "Pelabuhan Ratu"
- "Pelabuhan Ratu, the queen's harbour"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pelabuhanratu
- Hotels in Pelabuhanratu
- Transportation in Pelabuhanratu
- Nightlife in Pelabuhanratu
- Restaurants in Pelabuhanratu
- Shopping in Pelabuhanratu
- Warnings and Dangers in Pelabuhanratu
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pelabuhanratu
- 3 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Pelabuhanratu?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pelabuhanratu
Top 10 Pages
- Sri Lanka Intro, 55 reviews, 68 photos
- Rome Intro, 55 reviews, 52 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Doha Intro, 28 reviews, 63 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Indonesia Intro, 42 reviews, 42 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Colombia Intro, 23 reviews, 29 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Polonnaruwa Intro, 15 reviews, 30 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Anuradhapura Intro, 16 reviews, 25 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Qatar Intro, 11 reviews, 24 photos
- Ciudad Perdida Intro, 14 reviews, 17 photos
- Guanajuato Intro, 7 reviews, 17 photos