"Southern Most Tip of India" Kanniyakumari by bungi333
Kanniyakumari Travel Guide: 97 reviews and 241 photos
Kanyakumari, also known as Cape Comorin, is located on the southern most tip of the Indian sub-continent. Being a cape, it is pretty to watch the sunrise and the sunset from the beach.
It is also the place where three seas meet: Bay of Bengal to the east, Indian Ocean to the south, and Arabian Sea to the west. This is called mukkadal (meaning three seas) in Tamil.
This place is a local tourist attraction, and also a pilgrim point. It's proximity to Rameshwaram brings in pilgrims from there as well. Thus, you will find a lot of local tourists in this town.
For things that you can do besides hang around in Kanyakumari, visit my Nagercoil page. Nagercoil is about 20 kms from Kanyakumari and tends to be more towny in terms of facilities than Kanyakumari.
- In a nutshell:Hang around from sunrise to sunset :)
Indira Gandhi Point is considered the southern tip of India. Also, the paths leading to the point are lined with small... more travel advice
Don't be taken in by the 'hotel' bit. In Tamil Nadu we tend to use 'hotel' instead of 'restaurant'. Anyways, this... more travel advice
bungi333's Related Pages
Kanniyakumari Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kanyakumari - Land of Legends"
- "kanyakumari district"
- "Where India meets two Seas and an Ocean !"
- "Visit the Southern Tip of India"
- "Three Seas Meeting"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kanniyakumari
- Hotels in Kanniyakumari
- Transportation in Kanniyakumari
- Nightlife in Kanniyakumari
- Restaurants in Kanniyakumari
- Shopping in Kanniyakumari
- Warnings and Dangers in Kanniyakumari
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kanniyakumari
- 7 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Kanniyakumari?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kanniyakumari
Photos in KanniyakumariSee All Photos (15)
Top 10 Pages
- Kolkata (Calcutta) Intro, 23 reviews, 43 photos
- Thekkadi Intro, 9 reviews, 19 photos
- Nagercoil Intro, 9 reviews, 14 photos
- Kanniyakumari Intro, 7 reviews, 15 photos
- Kochi Intro, 9 reviews, 9 photos
- Kumaragam Intro, 4 reviews, 12 photos
- Hampi Intro, 8 reviews, 5 photos
- Kanjirapalli Intro, 3 reviews, 7 photos
- Chennai (Madras) Intro, 7 reviews, 1 photo
- Cameron Highlands Intro, 7 reviews, 1 photo