"Travelling around, one step at a time..." bungi333's Profile
There's no particular pattern to my travel. I simply make use of the opportunities and i go where i go. I cannot even say i have specific preferences except, perhaps, not rushing things.
I believe that the slower our pace of moving, the more we observe. And the more we observe, the more we become part of what we observe. Thus, walking is an important part of what i do when i travel.
I suppose travelling is all about experience. I love experiencing new places, different cultures, the people, and the food!
The differences that exist between peoples, i have come to realize, is just as much as the similarities. Meeting them helps me discover what i already know! And i discover it again and again each time i travel.
Thus, travelling becomes a form of meditation for me; a way to reach out to God who reaches out to me and to all of people.
I love window seats. I always request window seats when i travel by train. And, i love travelling by trains. (While walking is the best way to get around a place, taking the train is the best way to get to a place.)
I especially love sitting by the window in second class coaches. A million frames run past your vision. The scene can change suddenly or very gradually. Whatever it may be, there will be frames that will be imprinted in your memory for a long, long time.
When i am stuck in the mundane sometimes, all i have to do is close my eyes and look out of the window...
A good cup of coffee is one of the best things that happened to the world. I try to have a good cup every time i travel. Sadly, not all parts of the world share my opinion. Thus, i have been known to have carried my own coffee power when i travel. I make it when i get a chance. Also, i get very excited when i come across good coffee shops.
Add to your coffee a good book to read. The moment becomes perfect. I try to buy at least one book during each of my trips. I think those are the best souvenirs i can pick up.
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 96 Reviews
- 142 Photos
- 3 Countries
- 15 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
- bungi333 and nazeemamm are now friends.
- Posted in Travel India Forum "Re: Bhubneshwar & Puri"
- Commented on cafank's profile page
updated their Profile Page "Travelling around, one step at a time..."
- updated a Kochi Travel Page "Kochi"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Kochi"
- Wrote a Review Bengali sweets and savouries in Kolkata (Calcutta) Restaurants
- Uploaded a Video to Agra
PhotosSee All Photos (142)
Top 10 Pages
- Kolkata (Calcutta) Intro, 23 reviews, 43 photos
- Thekkadi Intro, 9 reviews, 19 photos
- Nagercoil Intro, 9 reviews, 14 photos
- Kanniyakumari Intro, 7 reviews, 15 photos
- Kochi Intro, 9 reviews, 9 photos
- Kumaragam Intro, 4 reviews, 12 photos
- Hampi Intro, 8 reviews, 5 photos
- Kanjirapalli Intro, 3 reviews, 7 photos
- Cameron Highlands Intro, 7 reviews, 1 photo
- Chennai (Madras) Intro, 7 reviews, 1 photo
- Paris Hotels
- 22198 Reviews - 54001 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15557 Reviews - 30993 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3082 Reviews - 5778 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23037 Reviews - 47268 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11941 Reviews - 26475 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1912 Reviews - 4527 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1930 Reviews - 3719 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8369 Reviews - 17097 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4277 Reviews - 8800 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3341 Reviews - 7500 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7700 Reviews - 19770 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2421 Reviews - 6530 Photos