"In A Paradise Called Darién" Provincia del Darién by malecon
Provincia del Darién Travel Guide: 11 reviews and 41 photos
The Darién is a vast jungle paradise on Panama's notorious border with Colombia. If you go here your warned not to. If you visit Panama there is no reason to take malaria pills or get a yellow fever shot, unless you go to the Darién. My mother, a native Panamanian has never stepped foot in the province and neither has my millionnaire cousins in Panama City.
Does this region offer so little that no one goes here? Hardly. It's a land of giant Panama trees, muddy rivers whose course is their own, and a people who can live off this land without assistance.
The Darién rocks. Where else can you go where you've left most all westerners behind? Where can you enter villages where there is no crime to speak of? The Darién you say? Is this the feared Darién? Yes, this is the Darién.
malecon's Related Pages
Provincia del Darién Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Provincia del Darién
- Hotels in Provincia del Darién
- Transportation in Provincia del Darién
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Provincia del Darién
- 4 Reviews
- 25 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Provincia del Darién?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Provincia del Darién
Photos in Provincia del DariénSee All Photos (25)
Top 10 Pages
- Francisco Zarco Intro, 5 reviews, 21 photos
- Tecate Intro, 6 reviews, 15 photos
- La Rumorosa Intro, 4 reviews, 14 photos
- La Paz Intro, 4 reviews, 12 photos
- Boca de Sábalo Intro, 2 reviews, 11 photos
- San Salvador Intro, 3 reviews, 8 photos
- Isla Bastimentos Intro, 2 reviews, 8 photos
- El Golfo de Santa Clara Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Holtville Intro, 1 review, 8 photos
- San Carlos Intro, 1 review, 8 photos
No friends yet.