"In A Paradise Called Darién" Provincia del DariÃ©n by malecon
Provincia del DariÃ©n Travel Guide: 11 reviews and 41 photos
The Darién is a vast jungle paradise on Panama's notorious border with Colombia. If you go here your warned not to. If you visit Panama there is no reason to take malaria pills or get a yellow fever shot, unless you go to the Darién. My mother, a native Panamanian has never stepped foot in the province and neither has my millionnaire cousins in Panama City.
Does this region offer so little that no one goes here? Hardly. It's a land of giant Panama trees, muddy rivers whose course is their own, and a people who can live off this land without assistance.
The Darién rocks. Where else can you go where you've left most all westerners behind? Where can you enter villages where there is no crime to speak of? The Darién you say? Is this the feared Darién? Yes, this is the Darién.
malecon's Related Pages
Provincia del DariÃ©n Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Darien: the last frontier of Central America"
- "In A Paradise Called Darién"
- "Darien Gap"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Provincia del DariÃ©n
- Hotels in Provincia del DariÃ©n
- Transportation in Provincia del DariÃ©n
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Provincia del DariÃ©n
- 4 Reviews
- 25 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Provincia del DariÃ©n?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Provincia del DariÃ©n
Photos in Provincia del DariÃ©nSee All Photos (25)
Top 10 Pages
- Francisco Zarco Intro, 5 reviews, 21 photos
- Tecate Intro, 6 reviews, 15 photos
- La Rumorosa Intro, 4 reviews, 14 photos
- La Paz Intro, 4 reviews, 12 photos
- Boca de Sábalo Intro, 2 reviews, 11 photos
- San Salvador Intro, 3 reviews, 8 photos
- Isla Bastimentos Intro, 2 reviews, 8 photos
- El Golfo de Santa Clara Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Holtville Intro, 1 review, 8 photos
- San Carlos Intro, 1 review, 8 photos
No friends yet.