"Rainy Hendaye" Hendaye by osazuis

Hendaye Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 24 photos

40 Minutes of Rain

Basically, my stay in Hendaye can be categorized as a 'Rainy Day'. I was in Guipuzcoa, Basque Country and I decided that I wanted to go a bit up north towards France. Despite everyone telling me that it wasn't really worth it, especially for a day trip, I did it anyway (would have been better than staying in Donostia for the 4th day). So, I was originally supposed to go up to Biarritz or San Juan de la Luz, but I ended up stopping in Hondarribia... a little town about five minutes from Hendaye. If it wasn't for the rain, I think that I would have really had the chance to see more of Hendaye... I walked to the pier and waited for the ferry to the French boarder. I walked down to it and the man, with a very strong French accent, told me in Spanish, "this is the second to last ferry." Great, so this means that I would barely get to see ANYTHING. Although I did see some huge rocks in the ocean which were beautiful (even though it was foggy), and I did get to speak to some locals who, apparently, didn't speak Spanish.

• Last visit to Hendaye: Jan 2006
  • Intro Written Jan 26, 2006

Comments

osazuis

“Work to Travel”

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.

Badges & Stats in Hendaye

Have you been to Hendaye?

Latest Activity in Hendaye