"My Home, My Singapore" snuggie's Profile

Whenever I am feeling low
I look around me and I know
There's a place that will stay within me
Wherever I may choose to go
I will always recall the city
Know every street and shore
Sail down the river which brings us life
Winding through my Singapore

Chorus:
For this is where I know it's home

When there are troubles to go through
We'll find a way to start anew
There is comfort in the knowledge
That homes about its people too
So we'll build our dreams together
Just like we've done before
Just like the river which brings us life
There'll always be Singapore

Chorus:

For this is where I know it's home
(For this is where I know, I'm HOME)

Xitang (China)

Xitang is a famous town with thousands of years of history, located in Zhejiang Province, China.

Xitang is a very lovely town, less bustling and commercialist as compared with other water town. Xitang is about 90 km away from Shanghai and 110 km from Hangzhou. It is built on a plain crossed by nine rivers and this divide Xitang into eight districts.

In Xitang, there are well-preserved groups of buildings of the Ming Dynasty (1368-1644) and the Qing Dynasty (1644-1911) with relatively high artistic quality and research value. It is famous for its large number of covered corridors, lanes and bridges.

Shanghai (China)

Shanghai is a mix of east and west, old and new city. Shanghai, is the home to almost 12-million people and is China's largest city. It is situated in the centre of the coastline where the Yangtze River flows through its delta into the East China Sea.

The two chinese characters in the name "Shanghai" simply mean uo or on the sea. Shanghai today, is China's biggest city and also the biggest seaport as well as the major center of economy, sciences and technology and culture.

Shanghai is well known not only as prosperous metropolis with rich cultural resources, but also for a number of new tourist attractions that have been developed in recent years. Huangpu River, Jin Mao Tower, Oriental Pearl TV Tower, Yuyuan Garden just to name a few.

Beijing (China)

Beijing,being the capital of China has a long long history and is the home to the emperors during the Ming & Qing Dynasty.The forbidden city is a must see activity for all tourist.Another must see is the hutongs or known as the 'narrow alley'.The hutongs surrounding the Forbidden City and Prince Gong's Residence as the center are the more well preserved one.
As Beijing is making preparing for the Olympic in 2008,many old building are making way for new roads and building.

Bali (Indonesia)

Bali is a tropical island in the Indonesian archipelago. It is so picturesque and immaculate. Bali is a favourite destination among the western tourist and every year,many of them flock to this paradise.However,Bali today lies the memory of the 2002 Kuta bombing.

Something about Bali
Country name: Bali
Area: 5,620 sq km
Population: 3 million
People: 95% ethnic Balinese, Javanese
Main Languages: English, Indonesian
Religion: 95% Balinese Hindu, Muslim and Christian

Seoul (South Korea)

Seoul is the capital of South Korea and is one of the largest city. It is encircled by mountains with a population of 10 million. Seoul has brought itself all the way from the Yi Dynasty capital of the Hermit Kingdom to become one of the most dynamic city in the world.

Today Seoul is a neon lit example of modern technology and architecture, and yet it retaining its ancient heritage of temples, palaces, and traditions.

Hangzhou (China)

This lovely show was staged in the theme park of Sony Dynasty in China Hangzhou. It was meant to showcast the beautiful legends such as

1) Beautiful Mysterious Legends of the West
2) Song Palace Dance
3) Shining Spears & Armored Horses
4) Meeting of peoples from the world

Do drop by my Hangzhou pages for some more information of each scene.

• Intro Updated May 14, 2011

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
snuggie's Profile Photo

snuggie

“We wander for distraction, but travel for fulfillment.”

Real Name