"Tara's Travels" TrvlnGrrl's Profile

I have always been intregued by far away places, different cultures and the mere thought of traveling. I remeber when I was in 1st or 2nd grade my mom would drive the carpool a couple days a week and as she drove she would pretend we were flying to some interesting place. My friends and I would take turns shouting out names or places we had only heard of...in cartoons, t.v. and songs..."Paris!" "Florida!" "China!" "New York!" and of course "Disney Land" and as the "airplane" (car) took off we would chat excitedly about all that we were about to see..disapointed when we approached our final destination (school) we couldn't wait for our next "trip." Thankful that my mother was able to instill in me the interest in other places and cultures even when we couldn't afford to actually visit, today I still enjoy imaginary trips through magazines, guidebooks, travel shows, other's stories...but try to get in as many real trips as I can!

Oahu

When my fiance and I started planning our wedding we were horrified by the cost of everything wedding. As the total cost began rising and rising...we worried that we wouldn't be able to afford a wedding and a honeymoon. " Ooooh Nooo Way" thought this travel girl...I don't think so. So we opted for a small gathering on a beach in Hawaii with only our closest friends and family followed by warm sunny days relaxing on the beach. We realize it's not for everyone, but for us...reciting our vows to each other in a place neither or us had ever with the promise of many more travels to come, was the perfect beginning!

living in Netherlands

I lived just a few kilmoters outside Amsterdam for a year. I worked as an Au Pair...sort of like an exchange student and a nanny mixed together. I have a wonderful time living in the Netherlands and can't wait to go back. If it were easy.. I would move there tomorrow! Amsterdam is not as crazy as a place as most think, its actually a pretty small city and very compact. Yes drugs and prositution are allowed, but not incouraged. Many of the dutch people i knew..had never tried pot or been to a hooker...but on a weekend night you can see heards of english guys, american guys and plenty of businessmen frequenting the more notorious neighborhoods. I think the far more enjoyable parts of the city are the museums and architecture and don't forget the rest of the country! The Netherlands is more than just Amsterdam!

Recent Trip To San Francisco

Had a great time in San Fran or Frisco as us torists call it! Loved exploring Chinatown, Golden Gate Park, Coite Tour, and lots more. Next time we will rent a bike to really see golden gate park, as its bigger than we imagined. We stayed at a youth hostel to save on money, amd we're really glad we did. There area we stayed in off of Ellis street, was a bit dodgy..(think ladies of the night and money exchanging hand shakes) but we cooked just a few meals in the great big communal kitchen and were able to use the money we saved on activities and souvineers. We also met some other really interesting travelers with amazing stories. We found it to be an easy city to get around in and enjoyed all that it had to offer! We were only there a few days so we will have to visit again to see more!

Whats Next?????

BELIZE!!! Luke and I are happy to say that we are headed to Belize this summer via mexico. We will fly into cancun stay a night or so and then take the bus down to central america! We have been looking at guide books and pictures and are so excited! It looks so beautiful. Belize wasn't actually on our short list of places to visit, but after seeing fantastic flight prices we were suddenly very interested. We are interested in seeing maya ruins, beachy cayes, and snorkling. If any ones has ideas, stories to share or anything else let me know. I would love to hear from you!
Stay tuned in a few months I will post pictures and stories about our adventure!

• Intro Updated Mar 27, 2007

• Aug 23, 2007 at 9:11 PM

Hi tara!... ur cute

• ghibli88's Profile Photo
    Jul 23, 2007 at 5:27 AM

A warm Happy super birthday to you Tara,best wishes from hot and sunny Italy.

• Mikebond's Profile Photo
    Jul 23, 2007 at 2:22 AM

Hi Tara! Happy birthday from Italy!

• traveloturc's Profile Photo
    Jul 22, 2007 at 11:44 PM

Happy birthday to you from Istanbul / Turkiye ..I wish that you realize all your dreams ...good luck

• Mark69's Profile Photo
    Mar 11, 2007 at 8:55 AM

Hi Tara, thanks for your birthday message. I have just been to Marbella, Spain to escape the British cold and rain, it really is summer already in Marbella! I have the red sunburnt nose to prove it! Have fun! Mark

• joysweet's Profile Photo
    Jul 23, 2006 at 6:05 AM

mabuhay! birthday greetings from manila,philippines.... wishing you happy and safe travels :)

• Jul 23, 2006 at 1:40 AM

Happy birthday Tara! Hope you have a wonderful day! Very best wishes from the UK, Maria :))

• mary2u99's Profile Photo
    Jul 22, 2006 at 9:17 PM

Tara...Happy Birthday to you. Enjoy this wonderful day and weekend :-)

• takla73's Profile Photo
    Mar 5, 2006 at 5:19 PM

Welcome in Virtual tourist greetings from Egypt TAKLA

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
TrvlnGrrl's Profile Photo

TrvlnGrrl

“Travel light--preconception and predjudice are unecessary baggage”

Real Name