"Its...um......ok" Top 5 Page for this destination Agadir by catherineneill
Agadir Travel Guide: 59 reviews and 99 photos
Agadir used to be an old moroccan town which was destroyed in an earthquake in 1960 in which around 12000 were killed. It was rebuilt for tourists and is full of europeans on cheap package holidays. As a result it lacks any traditional moroccan charm, but it does have some fantastic beaches. The main town is quite ugly and communisty-looking, but for the price of the package tours there by big operators it is understandable that its not the most glamourous place.
Theres not much to do in agadir apart from the beach, and as it was november when we went the beach, although pretty, was out. So we ended up in the bird park, 'vallee des oiseaux'. Seems to be where all yound agadir ppl come to smooch in between the hedges, but there were some pretty cool animals too. Entrance is cheap and its a good way to entertain the kids. Im sure its cool shade would be welcome in the summer.
Because its catered to tourists there are plenty of bars and restaurants by the beach and in the town itself. And plenty of shisha bars! Its pretty cheap.
We booked here for a week, but the buses to marrakech were so cheap that we only stayed 2 days and went off to marrakech for the rest of the time
On the casbah hill there is a sign in arabic saying 'God, King and Country' on the hill. At night from the beach it is... more travel advice
The massive beaches in agadir are definately this towns selling point. You feel like you are in europe. We were there in... more travel advice
catherineneill's Related Pages
Agadir Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "AGADIR MAROC - MOROCCO"
- "Agadir - the moroccan touristic city"
- "Orlikins Goes to Agadir"
- "Agadir and Touradant"
- "robbed in agadir by hotel manager"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Agadir
- Hotels in Agadir
- Transportation in Agadir
- Nightlife in Agadir
- Restaurants in Agadir
- Shopping in Agadir
- Warnings and Dangers in Agadir
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Agadir
- 7 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Agadir?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Agadir
Photos in AgadirSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Belfast Intro, 40 reviews, 32 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sarajevo Intro, 20 reviews, 14 photos
- Belgrade Intro, 20 reviews, 13 photos
- Johannesburg Intro, 17 reviews, 15 photos
- Verona Intro, 16 reviews, 12 photos
- Cairo Intro, 22 reviews, 5 photos
- Paris Intro, 12 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Nîmes Intro, 8 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sharm El Sheikh Intro, 14 reviews, 3 photos
- Budapest Intro, 5 reviews, 11 photos
No friends yet.